• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Fortean Events On This Day

Dinobot

Justified & Ancient
Years ago there used to be a "On This Day" section which contained amusing/baffling/interesting Fortean tidbits, but the section was lost when the website underwent a revamp. Is it possible to get this back at all?
I rather enjoyed it!

Years ago there used to be a "On This Day" section which contained amusing/baffling/interesting Fortean tidbits, but the section was lost when the website underwent a revamp. Is it possible to get this back at all?
I rather enjoyed it!

You have just recreated it!

Maybe a mod would move it to General Forteana?

The Economist ‏@TheEconomist 5h5 hours ago
A painter of our greatest fears: Hieronymus Bosch died #onthisday 1516 http://econ.st/2aWFOvf

CpbDUW6W8AAAoty.jpg

Wounded only, they tell you! His life until this day in 1956 was as one of the undead! Against the odds, he did all this!:huh:

I've read that his friends found his open-casket funeral suprisingly unaffecting. He looked capable of sitting up and greeting them, as they'd seen him do on set.

I've read that his friends found his open-casket funeral suprisingly unaffecting. He looked capable of sitting up and greeting them, as they'd seen him do on set.
Apparently he was buried in one of his Dracula capes which was a nice touch.

Against his wishes! (Or so I heard!) But don't worry, he's as harmless as a kitchen!

Apparently he was buried in one of his Dracula capes which was a nice touch.

Oh yes, I'd forgotten that detail! I may have read about it in David Niven's The Moon's A Balloon. That's where most of my Hollywood knowledge comes from.

The Economist ‏@TheEconomist 5h5 hours ago
A painter of our greatest fears: Hieronymus Bosch died #onthisday 1516 http://econ.st/2aWFOvf

CpbDUW6W8AAAoty.jpg

Oooh, I love Bosch sooo much. Saw some of his works in the Doge's Palace in Venice years ago and nearly swooned with surprise and delight. :)
I actually stood gazing in front of one with my hands clasped together like a lovestruck cartoon character.

Just over a year later we had a terrible family tragedy. The memory of Bosch's wonderful art helped me through it. Art can do that.

Oh yes, I'd forgotten that detail! I may have read about it in David Niven's The Moon's A Balloon. That's where most of my Hollywood knowledge comes from.
Apparently Forrest J Ackerman had one of Lugosi's capes at his horror/sci fi home and museum :cool:.

Back