• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Fortean Group Hysteria & A Ghost?

BaronVonHoopla

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
This isn't really a ghost post, so I posted it here.

Me, my sister, and three other friends were walking just after midnight in 1993 along Pond Mills Road in London Ontario Canada, there is a part where the road curves and on both sides is surrounded by a cemetary. We were walking along, joking and talking when I noticed that my friend Mike suddenly looked like he was looking at the devil. I followed his gaze to where a house sits just beyond the cemetary. The house is about 40 feet back from the road, and is situated much lower than the road. The driveway of this house falls out of view after maybe four or five feet, and is then out of site from the road until it reaches the house.

Does this make sense so far?

So when I followed Mike's gaze to the house I see a man is standing on the driveway, but far enough down that I could only see him from the waist up. He was shirtless. He was wearing glasses and had a brown beard. He had a look on his face that was very strange. The only way I can describe it is the look on your face if you were looking at a dirty magazine and your mother suddenly walked in. It was that "I'm caught" look. I remember for a flash the thought "he's just killed someone on the driveway, but we can't see her" went through my mind, and then I kid you not, without saying a word our entire group ran like bats out of hell.

Nobody had said anything, infact from the second I noticed Mike's gaze, followed it, and saw the man, till the time we ran was maybe five full seconds. There was something about this man that made all of us totally panic, and we had just been laughing and goofing off a few seconds earlier.

We ran for about thirty seconds until we were well around the bend. I remember a few of us giving a half-hearted laugh and saying something like 'what was THAT all about?' and my friend Dan and I walked a bit of the way back to see if the man had really been there at all. We got about fourty feet before we could see around the bend again, and then man was now up in the middle of the road looking back at us. He was wearing beige pants. He might have been barefooted, but I don't recall quite as clearly. Dan and I bolted back, and told everyone he was right there and looking back at us, and we all ran away again until we were far from Pond Mills Road.

We would tell this story to people from time to time as a weird going on, and my sister was telling a girl she worked with who used to live in the same neighberhood the story a few years later, and was interupted by her co-worker. "Did the guy have glasses, and a beard?" she asked. My sister replied that, yes, he did. The girl sort of laughed and said "Oh, yeah, he's a ghost . . . people see him sometimes around that area."

What I am interested in though was the unanimous flight we all took when we saw him. I think it says something about psychic connections in people.

Sorry this was so long.

-Fitz

Maybe this ghost guy had some kind or aura or something about him that just instinctively makes people scared when they see him. I mean, have you ever felt a weird, kind of scary feeling in a place only to find out that it is supposedly haunted? Maybe ghosts just naturally make people a little frightened and this one just happened to create more fear than others.

Yeah, I did. I posted it here first actually but when no one was responding I thought maybe I had made a mistake in not posting it in the "Ghosts" section, so I re-posted it, hoping people might just let this one die.

Sorry.

-Fitz

Back