• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Fortean Manchester

adam2306

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Hi guys, after living in Manchester for a few years I'd love to hear stories of any unexplained events in the Manchester/North West area. I've heard the more common accounts of places like Brannigans nightclub in the city centre being haunted but would like to hear about any experiences that members may have had themselves or heard of whether it be ghosts, UFO's, cryptids or anything else.

I was recently lucky enough to have a look in the foreboding tunnels underneath Victoria Station which hightened my interest in local stories of the unexplained.

Hello adam3206.

I haven't got any experiences myself but I did get a book a few years ago called "Around Haunted Manchester" by Peter Portland. There is an email address on the back which is: [email protected] , if that still works.

If you have a car there are some places of interest in the North West that you can visit. Whalley Abbey is I think open to the public and is allegedly haunted. See website:

http://www.whalleyabbey.co.uk/

Castle Hill in Newton le Willows is a barrow I think and is supposed to be haunted. It is supposed to be the sighting of phantom figures.

I'm sure other people will have better info than myself, but if you look around there are places that you can visit without needing permission that are supposed to be habuted.

Back