• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Fortean movie FREE to download

A

Anonymous

Everybody -

Some time ago on this board - er...somewhere - I told some of you about a little movie I was working on with a bunch of fellow am-dram types. Remember?

The script brought together such diverse elements as The Holy Grail, The Chronicon Ex Chronicus, Cathar Knights, The seige of Languedoc and Vampires. Well, it's finished!

RECALLING GATRI - the second episode of THE CHRONICLES OF GATRI is ready to watch at http://www.malleus.co.uk

MalleuS Independent Motion Pictures (http://www.malleus.co.uk) make these features for fun - not financial gain - so you can all go see it online anytime you want for FREE. Go tell your friends!

If you missed episode one (now wiped from our limited webspace) - don't fret, this story stands alone with it's self-contained plot.

If you go to watch this modest vampire movie set in rural England (I know there are some Worcester folk on this board - so you'll recognise THE MUG HOUSE immediately!) you're comments would be very much appreciated, either within this forum or directly to my site.

Hope you enjoy it!

Morris-Henshaw
http://www.malleus.co.uk

Cathars and mummies!

I see your gift to forteana has met with a deafening silence, Morris. I liked your site and am impressed by the whole raison d'etre. Making films to just GIVE AWAY must be hard work, what are the rewards?
I was a bit reluctant to get the needed codec to see your films, but relented in the end as you had piqued my curiosity. As this divx is the new mp3 of video I thought I'd better have it.
The files were very big and took an age to download but were worth the wait.
I loved the Mummy film. Excellent and simple. Very good effect at the end.
The trailer for "Gatri 1" was almost unwatchable. Very compressed.
The trailer for "Gatri 2" was impressive and led to to download the whole feature.
The feature itself. Good idea to have 3 separate acts to view. The first part was the biggest file and I wandered off to make dinner while it was downloading. 45 minutes later I watched it and was hooked. Fantastic title sequence. Great opening. Beautiful scenary. I want to visit this "Mug House" it looks like a great pub.
The second part was the most intrgueing. Is the author an initiate? I felt the historical bit was imaginative and an interesting twist on the Cathar legends. Accrediting the fall of Laguedoc to vampires, the nature of The Holy Grail, etc. Excellent fun! Well filmed to. Was that shot in Wales? Which catle was that?
The final act had a great ending - a bit abrupt, but great and I didn't see it coming although the clues are there on the second viewing.
How do I get to see episode one? I know this is a stand-alone story but I would like to see more.
Generally good work. The effects are in places a little ropey but convey the story well enough. The acting is very good on behalf of the vicar, good enough on behalf of the bearded guy (that's you isn't it?) and the barman seemed VERY RELAXED!
Well done.

nice job!

i watched the movies (even if it took ages to download )
i liked them the mummy was funny in a way specially the gait :)
the only thing i wondered about was : the prof goes normally out with a dynamite in his jacket??? ok to be prepared but that ......:rolleyes:
About the Gatri movie nice one :D!!!!!
Very fortean specially the mediaeval part but where are the Templars???:eek!!!!:
:confused:

hey if you need a italian guy for other movies that can read latin the way is supposed to be read let me know
if not i can be the monster :monster: so you can save on prosthetics ;)

Thank you

Thank you both for your feedback - and to all the others here that mailed direct to the MalleuS site. I'm glad you enjoyed the little movie.
Response has been so positive, a third episode is being scripted and we'll keep on making them as long as somewhere out there is watching, enjoying and thinking about them!
Salvador Dolly - I'm not going to answer your questions concerning the rather heretical "flash back" scenes yet...

Tir Na Nog lives!

Thank you very much!
I ripped the avatar from an emulated version of the classic spectrum game and fiddled with it in a GIF animation package to give ol' Cuchuliann a shirt and beard - thus creating a little animated Morris! (His walk is uncannily similar to mine!)
I loved the game as a kid, and through playing it discovered Celtic mythology and folklore - which ultimately led to an overall interest in all things Fortean...
...which is why I'm here!
And to think my Dad told me computer games would ROT my brain!

Back