• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Fortean TV/Film fest

rossba1

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Did anyone stay in on saturday to find themselves sucked into the fact that there was much wierdness on the telly? Terry Gilliam's Brazil (which ive heard mentioned on these threads) and the first 5 episodes of Twin Peaks were on at the same time on different channels.
I'd never seen Twin Peaks before but started watching the first episode and was hooked. I didnt get to bed till 5.30 A.M. cos i just thought they were great. My only experience of FBI agents comes from watching the X-files as a kid and i didn't realise how much Fox Mulder was just a pastiche of special agent Dale Cooper. Mighty weird stuff but very good. Any fans of twin peaks out there?
I'm trying not to look stuff up on the internet about it as i really dont want to know anything about it till i see it for myself and in the proper order. How many episodes are there though and can you buy it on video?

I believe there's just the two series, the second series actually starring David "Mulder" Duchovny as a transvestite cop.

I've only ever seen the first series, however, and I hope C5 actually shows series two this time (the channel showed series 1 way back in 1997 when it first started, and ended with the series 1 cliff hanger and never continued with it :( )

There is also, of course, David Lynch's movie, Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me, which is a prequel that's set before the pilot episode. It almost explains what's going on, and is IMHO one of the most fantastically creepy films ever made.

thanks evilsprout. So, how many episodes per series? And can you get them on video?
ta

twin peaks

I missed the first series first time round on the bbc, but I caught the second series and got hooked©

I remember seeing the last episode and thinking, `No, No, No! That CAN'T be right!' The hair was up on the back of my neck for days© The most satisfyingly unsatisfying thing I've ever seen on tv©

The ending of Twin Peaks ranks up there with the ending of The Prisoner for great final episodes that throw up more questions than answers.

"How's Annie? Muaahahahaha!"

If I remember rightly it the usual American-length drama series, which means 20-odd per series. I know it has been out on video in the past, with just two or three episodes per £12.99 tape (steep!). I don't know the current status... if anyone knows of a DVD release I'll start saving now!

ive been waiting for years for repeats of Twin peaks..i herd tell of its reemergance and i started to stockplie chocy bars and diet coke, a duvet for me legs and cushions for poor bum...... But i discover one small fact that ruins it all...its on Channel 5!... what is that?... most of Cornwall and the rest of the world gets five channels?...No 'kin here we dont.........................sod it

its on again tonight 1.25a.m.
sun. morning/sat. night
yippee

Back