• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Found A Magic Stone

fudgetusk

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
The_Magic_Stone_by_albatrash.jpg

Stone_side_by_albatrash.jpg

Is it flint fudgetusk? it's very pretty :)

Do you have proof that it's magic?

I bow to your superior knowledge - but I stick by "it's very pretty" :)
It's pretty because it contains an interesting mix of colours and textures - because it's a conglomerate rock! ;)

(I have an old passport from the 60s which describes me as a geologist - although actually I was working as a geological technician in the oil fields!)

It could be a Jasper, a brecciated Mookaite to be specific (aint Google Images cool!).

ETA Just looked at the "inspect element" tool in Chrome for the 1st picture: "The Magic Stone by Albatrash on Deviantart"

Last edited:
It's magic because it conatains images that pertain to me. Although I cannot go into detail because it would mean nothing to you. I don't think its a brecciated Mookaite. It's flint and some kind of hard chalkstone. My dad handled it and he thought it was man made. I don't think it is. Nor is it painted.

Here is some of what I see in the stone.

red_man_by_albatrash.jpg

man_standing_guard_by_albatrash.jpg

I found the stone on in a copse on the north bank of the Humber, not far from the humber bridge. One of the first images I saw in the stone was a shark.

shark_stone_by_albatrash.jpg

A few years later The Deep was built on the north bank of the Humber, in Hull, a few miles from where I found the stone. It bears a remarkable similarity in shape to the stone, when the stone is sat on its natural base side.

v0_master.jpg

There are sharks in The Deep and a statue of a shark outside its entrance. The shape of the Deep was said to represent a crystal. It seems there is a relationship between the The Deep and the Stone.

Last edited:
It's magic because it conatains images that pertain to me. Although I cannot go into detail because it would mean nothing to you. I don't think its a brecciated Mookaite. It's flint and some kind of hard chalkstone. My dad handled it and he thought it was man made. I don't think it is. Nor is it painted.

Here is some of what I see in the stone.

red_man_by_albatrash.jpg

man_standing_guard_by_albatrash.jpg

Thanks for expanding on your reasons for finding magic in this stone, @fudgetusk. The links you perceive to the Deep are particularly interesting. I never cease to be amazed at the human brain's insistence on discerning patterns and finding meaning wherever it can. If this stone helps you to do that, I'd find it hard to argue against your definition of it as magic.

I have to say, though, what leaped out for me in the image above is the apparent caricature of Richard Nixon: the line from your label "body" points almost directly at what I take to be his eyebrow.

ETA Just looked at the "inspect element" tool in Chrome for the 1st picture: "The Magic Stone by Albatrash on Deviantart"

It looks very much like Albatrash is what Fudgetusk goes by on DeviantArt: clicking the info tab on this link provides a very similar, perhaps slightly more detailed, account to the one given here.

It's an interesting stone.
But I find it hard to see all of those things in it.
Pareidolia? In the eye of the beholder. You decide.

It's an interesting stone.
But I find it hard to see all of those things in it.
Pareidolia? In the eye of the beholder. You decide.
Pareidolia or not, I bet you've never seen a stone like it. The colouration. I've used the stone in magic, but it was negative magic:you probably shouldn't hear about it. I've had threads deleted on another forum when I've tried to talk about it.

Pareidolia or not, I bet you've never seen a stone like it. The colouration.
I have seen a stone with similar texture and colouration, yes. On a pebble beach, when I was a teenager.

I have seen a stone with similar texture and colouration, yes. On a pebble beach, when I was a teenager.

Surely if you found something like my stone you would have kept the stone. I have searched beaches for marvellous stones and found nothing like my magic stone.

I think I did - I had a bit of a collection once. But that was 40-odd years ago, so I don't have those stones now.
I didn't for one minute think that any of my stones were 'magical'.
Probably the most unusual stone that I've ever seen is somewhere still in my parents' garden. It's made of bright yellow and red glass. My Dad said it was most likely to be slag from a glass furnace.
I think your stone is likely to be (as Frideswide said) some kind of flint.

F*ck me you learn something new each day - including stuff about magical stones. Looks like flint to me too. Having just shifted a tonne of this from the front of the house to the back, I feel like I know what I am talking about!

A lot of it depends on what you think "magic" is.

This meets fudgetusk's definition and so the stone /is/ magic for fudgetusk. It's not a "because I say it is" definition either - it has to do with memory, recall and a sense of wonder.

I can imagine some distant ancestor of mine finding something that has a similar visual,or other, relationship to a particular place, in this case The Deep (not sure I've remembered it right from the previous page) and understanding that she had found something of the genius loci, the spirit of the place.

I still pick up bits of.... stuff! conkers, leaves, shells, wood when I go somewhere and store them on a windowsill at home until they get moved to the garden. :rolleyes:

I always pick up stones whenever I go to the beach - without getting too New Agey, I think they help create a nice atmosphere when they're dotted around my nest. I've never found anything as colorful as the OP's stone, though.

A colourful example of flint:
Alibates%20Flint%20CloseUp.jpg

What made me think it was flint was the hard casing around it. Flint usually has a differently-coloured outer layer. If you look at the OP's pictures, you can see something that looks like this.

A colourful example of flint:
Alibates%20Flint%20CloseUp.jpg

What made me think it was flint was the hard casing around it. Flint usually has a differently-coloured outer layer. If you look at the OP's pictures, you can see something that looks like this.

The stone is flint and chalkstone. And as beatifully coloured as the above stone is I still think my stone has clearer pictures in it. I also should mention that I dreamt about the stone AND painted a picture of one of the images in it before I found it.

Last edited:
Can anyone else see the female face and the shark in Mythopoekia's stone? The mind seeks patterns in everything, I guess.

Now you mention it, yes...I can see a distorted face and there's some eyes on the bottom of the stone!
Pareidolia...

Can anyone else see the female face and the shark in Mythopoekia's stone? The mind seeks patterns in everything, I guess.

The female face I see is the blue pattern to the upper left - as though we're looking from behind at her cheek and eye. And opposite, meeting her gaze, is Ming the Merciless :confused: No disrespect to Loquaciousness' garage, but I'm enjoying this round of pareidolia more ;)

Back