• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

FT166

A

Anonymous

Is the distribution getting better ? Issue 166 plopped onto my doormat this morning and for a change the website is still on 165 :)
Brill cover too BTW - my old mate is gonna frame it (hes an elvis fan...).

Issue 166 plopped onto my doormat this morning

My dog plopped onto MY doormat, being too wussy to go plop outside in the rain.
Bad dog. Baaaaaaaad dog.

I wonder if they used the same cover in the US?
Looks like a good one, even the strange deaths section is cheerful this month, everyone turned out to be still alive.:)

The supposed picture of a 67-year-old Elvis on page 44 - That's not Elvis, it's Tom Baker with a Jon Pertwee wig on! Look at the teeth!

My usual monthly rant...

beakboo said:
I wonder if they used the same cover in the US?

Since I just today (10 Dec) was able to find a copy of FT 164 (!?), we Yanks should probably be able to let you know by, oh, say Valentines Day. Grumble, rant, blah, blah.

August Verango said:
The supposed picture of a 67-year-old Elvis on page 44 - That's not Elvis, it's Tom Baker with a Jon Pertwee wig on! Look at the teeth!

Yes, it does look like him. I'll ask him the next time I see him. He shops at our local Tesco.

As for FT deliveries, I think it must be a record - over a week early. And ahead of the website. At this rate, I'll look forward to it arriving before it's even been published!

Re: My usual monthly rant...

lopaka said:
Since I just today (10 Dec) was able to find a copy of FT 164 (!?), we Yanks should probably be able to let you know by, oh, say Valentines Day. Grumble, rant, blah, blah.

don't complain too much about ft being delivered late to you. if i read correctly, yesterday you wrote it was 10 dec; it was 2 december to me. which means you're more than one week ahead. or (that's what i think) it means that days are delivered very late to us. so WE should complain, not you.

Back