• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

FT282

Mal_Adjusted

Justified & Ancient
Bold new look to the cover of FT this month.

Content: done from a quick whizz through the mag, not read any of this yet.

instant old age from seafood
9/11 foretold
Siberian wildman hunt
sleeping and gas attacks
Ness humps
speed of light
Herodotus
Hyper-hearing and memory losses
Ignoble Awards 2011
Cat Nav
Obits for Hilary Evans and Budd Hopkins
Sasquatch
Don the Talking Dog and others
Weird Weekend 2011
Bicycling frogs
Recent ABCs
Denmark's weird waters
Earth Mysteries Pt2
Psycho-analysts
Church of Jobs

plus all the usual columns, pix, letters, reviews etc

Mine's arrived

BTW - Does Don the Talking Dog say 'Sausages'?

Had a quick look through, talking dogs looks interesting (and there's a lot of it), but is the Phil Proctor who took the simulacrum snap on the bottom right the same one from the Firesign Theatre?

Also, the sideline about the ghost caught on speed camera sounds like an urban myth, any evidence online? Like the photo maybe?

One of the letters.... hmm, might be from a mad person but not sure... more on another thread.

I'm liking the cover, reminds me of all the reasons i bought FT in the first place. :D

The photo of a ghost in the letters page is an iphone app picture.

Gorgeous cover. I'd be interested to know how it sells in shops.

WhistlingJack said:
gncxx said:
Also, the sideline about the ghost caught on speed camera sounds like an urban myth, any evidence online? Like the photo maybe?

The source article has a photo - Dead Man Driving

Thanks. And with a photo of such crystal clarity, who am I to argue now?!

Anyway, got through most of the mag this afternoon, the talking dog article was great (and funny!) even if it remind me of certain episodes of That's Life. In fact from what I've read, this is a really good issue. I suppose it's a themed issue, with all the animal stories, but there's enough variety not to make it monotonous.

beakboo said:
Gorgeous cover. I'd be interested to know how it sells in shops.

All this talk of the cover has me hanging out for my copy to arrive!

Was there not a big feature on talking dogs only two or three issues ago?

Yes, talking dogs have been covered before, along with other talking animals earlier on in the year...

47Forteans said:
Yes, talking dogs have been covered before, along with other talking animals earlier on in the year...

Anyone been in Fortean Towers lately? It may have been taken over by sentient dogs. They'll turn it into a Bauhaus.

ramonmercado said:
47Forteans said:

Anyone been in Fortean Towers lately? It may have been taken over by sentient dogs. They'll turn it into a Bauhaus.

A BauWauWauhaus surely...?

McAvennie_ said:
ramonmercado said:
47Forteans said:

More like Rovers Arms...

(Any more bad puns like that, people will think we're barking mad!)

The standard of puns on this forum is really going to the dogs.

McAvennie_ said:
ramonmercado said:
47Forteans said:

Woofly speaking you're correct.

Really good issue, lots of top notch stuff in it, only little niggles are the horrible cover ( although i suspect i am the only person that doesn't like it) and the anticipating 9/11 which was already featured a few months ago, or i have read the exact same article somewhere else.

I cant wait for the talking dog on a bike article next month! ;)

I like the cover, perhaps a bit retro for me but I like the more bold, graphic/poster look

Haven't read enough of the contents so far to comment

Reading the Headlines, I wanted to know more about the "Balloon Kills Cow" article! :shock:

Back