• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

FT285

WhistlingJack

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Cover: 2012 - The End of the World Or the Dawn of a New Age?

Strange Days:-
ABC attacks
Ogopogo 'sighting'
Round egg
Namibian spacejunk

Classical Corner: (H)omertà

Ghostwatch: Ghost of Dambusters Dog

Mythconceptions: Cow-tipping

Konspiracy Korner: The Truth Behind the *Other* Kennedy Assassination

Blasts From the Past: The Fabulous Flying Men of 1880, Part 2

Forum:-
A Bomb-proof Museum
Death and the Maiden
Two Sea Monster Tales

Fortean Traveller: The Shadow Over Bugarach

Strange and Sensational Stories From The Illustrated Police News:-
The Postman Hermit

Phenomenomix: Gerald Gardner & Wicca - Part 1

I got mine too! Already consumed the 2012 Doomsday articles, very interesting to me although that could probably be because I agreed with everything they said. If you're a believer in this type of misanthropic nonsense you might have differing opinions.

Also, the "Rock Bottom" pun - who among us could have resisted that caption to that story? OK, I laughed at another's misfortune.

Regarding the so-called "End Of The World" in 2012, I am confident that on 23 December 2012, we'll all be on this site saying "See? World hasn't ended!". To quote Charlie Brown, "Don't worry about the world ending today, it's already tomorrow in Australia!"

Of course, after the end of the world in December 2012, the next civilization will be wondering why all the FT's they find were dated February 2013!

Will Jenny Randles' TV review column be a permanent fixture?

I notice that next month's issue features the Dogheaded Men! :D

Some good IHTM's this month. Beware of the "Three knocks!" :twisted:

Anyone else think this whole End-Of-The-World-In-2012 is nothing more than media hype in order to sell more books and one film filled with scientific impossibilities and bad dialogue?

The other way around - maybe people want the world to end so they won't have responsibilities anymore and the media are feeding that fantasy?

Didnt think much of this issue , even jenny bored me with her corrie talk, and the end of the world is no concern of mine!

The hidden British museum was the only article that interested me.

I also liked the Hidden British Museum, and the fact they no longer have "safe houses" for the important historical stuff - or (insert sinister tones here!) so they claim! ;)

This was the first copy of FT I've bought in a couple of years. Great cover. Good to see Richard Stanley emerging from out of the shadows too.

However, in focussing on the Mayan Long Count you missed another potentially key 2012 'prophesy', if current reports are to be believed: http://blackroadproject.com/2012/02/pet ... s-in-2012/

I never believe any of the End-Of-The-World nonsense! Unless the world is actually ending before my eyes, I just take all the hype with a pinch of salt...

monoman said:
This was the first copy of FT I've bought in a couple of years. Great cover. Good to see Richard Stanley emerging from out of the shadows too.
i somehow get the feeling ... that man could make a trip to the post office sound like raiders of the lost ark

HenryFort said:
monoman said:
i somehow get the feeling ... that man could make a trip to the post office sound like raiders of the lost ark

Only the first three "Raiders" were any good!

Back