• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Fun With Photoshop! (Barbara Crouse Brown / Wiolawa)

i looked at the site, the pics might make interesting wallpapers, but i couldnt even understand wtf the site is supposed to be about!

Here's a summary of the site and its owner's activities ...

[Editor's Note: Barbara Crouse Brown ([email protected]) of http://wiolawapress.com discovered some years ago that photographs have the capacity to retains images that are not usually noticed by the naked eye. By enlarging photos and applying different filters available from the photo editing software called Photoshop, Barbara has been able to to reveal in photos (mostly taken off the internet) anomalous images including alien life forms, alien ships, and reptilian shape shifters hiding behind a human-appearing body. Contrary to the ignorant conclusions drawn by her detractors and debunkers, anyone can repeat Barbara's work and arrive at the same images. Of course, it takes practice and knowledge to execute these editing procedures with skill, but it's not magic. Anyone can do this if you have a professional version of Photoshop installed on your computer and you apply the same filters (and in the same order) as Barbara does.

SOURCE: http://educate-yourself.org/tg/wiolawaphotoshoptechinques13nov06.shtml

... The original site is available on the wayback machine, see what you think ...

I still think what I knew full well from experience when I first encountered her work ... With enough PhotoShop filtering and tweaking you can make any image eventually exhibit anomalous features.

I've never understood why anyone fell for the notion that massaging an image counted as 'analysis' in any sense.

So if I presume these hidden images if troubling things to really exist, what is that alleged to prove? That these things really exist and the camera can somehow capture evidence of them? Or that images are being inserted into photographs by some being/force unknown. Or is it being suggested that they do have a mental effect on us despite not being consciously perceived (like the alleged efficacy of subliminal advertising)?

“...snakeman in spacesuit and seat ( he cannot use a bicycle type of locomotion in space)...”

Well, l’m convinced!

maximus otter

That's the sort of thing my mate Dave does. Before going out metal detecting he'd take some screen shots of the chosen field from google maps and then proceed to "analyse" the images. This process would involve "scanning in infra-red" - which meant buggering about with the contrast, creating a negative image and then boosting the colour saturation and usually adding a solarisation or posterisation effect to "show the thermal energy from underground structures."
Needless to say, no amount of trying to explain to him that he was talking fluent bollocks ever worked.

Google's 'Deep Dream' AI can produce some seriously weird images if you run the same picture through them over and over again.

https://deepdreamgenerator.com/

From what I gather, the AI is supposed to be used for facial recognition - it picks out faces from images. But if you run the algorithm 'backwards', and keep processing the same image, it starts to create things that it has learnt to be common image features (faces, animals, cars etc) i.e. what it expects to see in a photo.

Here's a nice house:

manor.jpg

...and after 50 times through Deep Dream:

dream_k82ya7yicq6.jpg

Google's 'Deep Dream' AI can produce some seriously weird images if you run the same picture through them over and over again.

https://deepdreamgenerator.com/

From what I gather, the AI is supposed to be used for facial recognition - it picks out faces from images. But if you run the algorithm 'backwards', and keep processing the same image, it starts to create things that it has learnt to be common image features (faces, animals, cars etc) i.e. what it expects to see in a photo.

Here's a nice house:

View attachment 11731

...and after 50 times through Deep Dream:

View attachment 11732
Groovy man

Ohhh I couldn't resist giving that Deep Dream thing a go. So I took this picture (which I posted recently on the random images thread):

Churchyard4.JPG

And with just one 'run through' of deep dream, voila:

Churchyard4DeepDream.jpg

(Pictures best viewed full-size).

I particularly like the 'Kingfisher' on the left.

:)

A couple of years back a guy from the U.S that I started chatting to in another forum started sending me images he'd photographed through Patron Tequila bottles and was convinced he saw demonic faces in the results. I could never see what he claimed he could, but it bothered him immensely. I suggested that perhaps he'd best stop but he was certain they (the faces) had a message for him and continued. He bombarded me with pics for a couple of weeks and then suddenly stopped. Perhaps he found the answer he was after.

Back