• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Funeral Home/Brothel

MrRING

Android Futureman
Arrests Made in Funeral Home Raid

ATHENS, Ga. (AP) -- Police raided an Athens funeral home and made drug and prostitution arrests.

Lt. Mike Hunsinger, supervisor of the Athens-clarke Police Department’s Drug and Vice Unit, said Hurley Funeral Home had been under suspicion for illicit activities for at least a year. “We received information, particularly over the past year, that there were drugs in and around the funeral home and that prostitutes were frequenting the area,” Hunsinger.

Police arrested Lawrence Edward Hurley, 51, and Larry Donnel Watkins, 54, on charges of possession of cocaine with intent to distribute and possession of cocaine within 1,000 feet of public housing. Hurley’s family owns the undertaking business. Also arrested on Thursday were Angela Marie Ray, 35, of Bowman, and Camila Renee McCann, 37, of Colbert, both of whom were on probation for previous prostitution arrests, police said.

Police said they believe the home was only rarely used for funerals, with the most recent service being held Jan. 22. “We don’t believe it was an active funeral home,” Hunsinger said. “It was rare for them to have a client.”

http://www.11alive.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=59858

mmpphhhh.....must.....not....make....feeble.......jokes..about..stiffs.....

Pass mine too. :(

Reminds me of that old film 'Night Shift' - Henry Winkler and (I think) Michael Keaton were in it playing characters running a brothel from a mortuary.

Back