• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

George Kowalczyk Talks Firing At Tall Creatures After UFO Landed In A Field, Oct. 25, 1973

Paul_Exeter

Justified & Ancient

I don't approve of shooting at extra-terrestrial visiItors (unless they shoot first) however I really like this multiple witness, high-strangeness case from fifty years ago:

George Kowalczyk talks firing shots at 2 tall creatures after UFO landed in a field, Oct. 25, 1973

It is also featured in the Small Town Monsters 'Invasion on Chestnut Ridge' documentary that is now free to view on their YouTube channel [from around 26:00):

Really interesting case in the middle of a major wave.

Two key things here are the noises: the "turbine whirring" and the noise like a baby crying. I wonder if these suggest anything?

Really interesting case in the middle of a major wave.

Two key things here are the noises: the "turbine whirring" and the noise like a baby crying. I wonder if these suggest anything?
Also the glowing eyes and strange gait. If there wasn't a craft of sorts nearby then we are looking at Bigfoot and cryptids. Can't see how these were misidentified birds or animals. Still, far more interesting than grey aliens recalled under hypnosis.

‘ Baby Crying’ noises and glowing eyes seem to occur fairly regularly in paranormal entity encounters - as highlighted by the late, great John Keel in books such as “ Strange Creatures From Time and Space”... is this a kind of “ marker” ?
The baby crying ( and a Woman screaming) are sounds that in many cases would or potentially do attract people towards the, let’s just say “ performance”, and that glowing eyes, large size and just plain physical strangeness of said entity, are alarming to a degree and disturbing enough to keep us at arms length... basically “ come see- but don’t touch” ?

Baby crying noises are also quite close to some black bear vocalisations.

Wind rushing noises are commonly reported too, which I thought of when the turbine noise was mentioned.

Reactions: BS3
The report on BitChute states that the incident took place on "Vances Mill Road, near Uniontown, Pennsylvania." Here is that road from the relevant US topo map and from Google Earth:

Kowalczyk-UFO-Fortean-01.jpg

https://en-us.topographic-map.com/map-qngrr/Uniontown/?center=39.95258,-79.71984&zoom=15

Kowalczyk-UFO-Fortean-02.jpg

No more accurate location seems to be available.

maximus otter

A lot more details in a contemporary issue of FSR available here:

http://www.noufors.com/Documents/Books, Manuals and Published Papers/Specialty UFO Publications/Flying Saucer Review/FSR,1974,V 20,N 1.pdf

I suppose my first thought is could the two 'creatures' actually have been bears; they retreated to the woods rather than to the 'craft', and perhaps had been disturbed by whatever the 'craft' was. Black bears do seem to be present in the Greensburg area.
It is a good shout but surely bears wouldn't hand around after that first tracer round was fired? Also, wouldn't they have dropped to all fours as they scarpered?

To me, the revelation that Kowalczyk was on “nerve pills” is significant. His apparent breakdown immediately after the incident, his odd behaviour and his vision of a stereotypical “Death” figure - black cloak & scythe - intoning prophecies, all suggest hallucinogens.

The “meat and potatoes” of the encounter involved only him and two young boys, one of whom fled in fright before the first shot was fired. The second boy urged Kowalczyk to shoot: Was he simply feeding off the adult’s fear of the hallucinations or misperceptions K was experiencing?

maximus otter

Back