• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

George the pink hippo attacked

A

Anonymous

"George has been attacked and punched in the face during a stage show. Bungle and Zippy watched in disbelief as a drunken member of the audience leaped on stage and swung a fist. George was left reeling and in shock after the attack at the Royal Lancaster Hotel in London. He and his two furry friends had just gone on stage to perform in front of 1,000 people at The Henrys, an annual awards ceremony for the greeting card industry.An onlooker said: "It was unbelievable, it looks like someone jumped out of the crowd on to the stage and went for George, punching him in the face. It was a prestigious event and a very corporate crowd and the guy was very formally dressed in a suit. George was very shaken up afterwards and so were Zippy and Bungle. It's outrageous, you can't punch George and get away with it." A spokeswoman for FremantleMedia, which owns rights to the show, said the incident had not been reported to police but George was said to be considering what action to take. She appealed for anyone who saw the attacker or knew him to come forward. "It is a very serious matter and George was hurt," she said.

http://www.btinternet.com/~acbarrett/new.html

Maybe the "theft" of the Rainbow puppets at the start of the tour,
which was similarly not reported to the police has faded in the
public memory. Maybe audiences were dropping off - I suspect I
would, suit or no suit.

I should state that in no way do I mean to imply that the publication
of this story will be used by all vulnerable pink
hippos to project their fear and fury at anyone who dares to
question anything the camp old puppet says.

But I still say he should have reported it to the blue fuzzies. :p

Surely if you were going to punch a Rainbow character, it would have to be Bungle?:hmph:

This is an obvious case of queerbashing and should have been reported to the police as a homophobic crime. Surely everyone knows George is gay?

Well, George was certainly a transvestite ('going on holiday' then his sister 'georgina' taking over, l;ooking exactly like him only wearing a large pink hat :rolleyes: ) But I'm not sure he was actually gay. I don't think Zippy would have been too impressed.

Well, I think it's sad, if they had to punch a big, pink thing, surely it would have been worth bringing Mr Blobby out of retirement?

Carole

Or, for preference, Noel Edmonds himself. I'd take a couple of swings with a basball bat at him

Back