• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Ghost boy photo

hokum6

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Apologies if this has already been discussed (mods can merge if it's a dupe) but does anyone have any further info on this: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne ... 030054.ece

A little too good too be true. And, y'know, The Sun...

The angle is weird too, ghost child is upright but the picture is tilted.

Busted, methinks.

It's the bloody laziness of it that kind of pisses me off. I mean, if you're going to try and con people at least put a bit of elbow into it - or possibly just a jot of imagination.

Bone idle. Alarm bells rang the instant I noticed a gate bar conveniently obscuring an otherwise identifiable face. That and the beautifully trimmed, shampooed and conditioned hair and rosy well-fed chops. Either they have some upmarket barber shops across the great divide or Saxon/Medieval kids got with the joboba and lemon conditioner and malnutrition has been overplayed by the history books.
Must try harder.

To be honest, it was the shiny, 'pageboy bob,' haircut, that really gave it away, for me.

And the fact that it appeared in The Sun.

Lets hope The Scum didn't pay the ghost photographer for her "exclusive"

Nah, let's hope it did. :twisted:

This story reminds me of a very famous Victorian 'ghost' photo which featured an 'apparition' of a smiling little girl.

The figure was identical to one in a sentimental painting, called something like 'The Present' or 'A Gift For You', which had been superimposed onto the background photograph.

At the time the painting was little-known but it became popular and is often sold as a print even now. The 'ghost' photograph was probably convincing at the time but had the painting been more widely known, it would have been immediately exposed.

So the circumstances of both these 'ghost' photos were identical, yet one took decades to debunk and one took days. :lol:

A friend of mine was asked by a newspaper too do a story on swinger parties, and that they would pay them £500 for doing it. These people where basicly told to make up a story about how it has ruined ther lives/relationship as a "newsworthy" story. Article was great and entirly made up, and only about 1 full colum of print... easy money.

edit.. just to mention the afor mentioned people are in no way swingers...

pintquaff said:
A friend of mine was asked by a newspaper too do a story on swinger parties, and that they would pay them £500 for doing it. These people where basicly told to make up a story...

While sitting outside a bar somewhere in the Netherlands during Euro 2000 my brother was offered £100 by a British journalist to throw a chair and look angry. The journalist was treated to a traditional Anglo-Saxon verbal response but probably went off and wrote the story anyway.

On the subject of shite ghost photos I'm reminded of one from Greyfriars Kirkyard in Edinburgh, the subject of a report in The Scotsman and a subsequent repeat in FT. Broad daylight, chap grinning at camera, ghosty peering out of window at him - definitely no figure there when picture was took, no siree. My arse! It's actually the rear view of a bust sitting on a cill and it's still there and probably has been there for decades, if not a couple of centuries. Took all of three seconds to bust that one - and people wonder why some of us get cynical!

Correct me if I am wrong... but thats Anakin Skywalker from SW Episode I.

bad psychics

Sorry, DrPlee's link didn't initially come up for me. I just got a network timeout.
This time I got it. Yes, that comparison is much much better.

Back