• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Ghost Hitchhiker video

Arrgh, the suspense of that is too much for me. Can someone first confirm that there is not a horrible death happening in that video? Its like waiting for the car to crash or, for someone to get run over or something. Cant watch stuff like that :?

I've seen this video before, on youtube. It's just some art students i think. Did you actually think this was real? :shock:

We have a town name, and the names of the alleged victims, and a date...

Sounds like a good Googling exercise to me! But For now I'll leave it to someone else, as I'm off to the pub! 8)

bill and teds tedious adventure!

im like soooooooooooooooo convinced :)

Found this on t'web

http://coelho.homeip.net/articles/sintra_mith.htm
(Video, with separate text translation)

The video could just be a work of art, but we really need some input from a Portuguese speaker as to whether the dialogue sounds genuine.

The OP link had a translation with comments like "rhymes" - now is this just real-life word-play (he's a poet and he don't know it!), or is it more 'arty'?

Also the Portuguese speaker could search P. sites for any reference to a car accident involving Teresa Fidalgo.

it just has to be someones attempt at a blair witch style video, itll be clever if they chave checked and have names/location correct of a real accident (but not so nice for the parents etc. of those dead).

I think it's a lovely piece of work. Brilliant. :)

But then, I don't get out much.

Haha that was great when I first saw it a while back.

Notice the mobile phone on the dashboard.

That it's just a movie and it's been filmed at different times.

MaxMolyneux said:
That it's just a movie and it's been filmed at different times.

The 'point' still evades.

What IS the significance of the mobile on the dashboard?

Well at about 6 minutes the camera goes to the dashboard and theres no mobile. Then suddenly it does that blurry crap, then goes normal and suddenly theres a mobile phone on the dashboard.

Cant see the mobile myself ??

Must say though, its very well done. The punchline "and died" is delivered - and reacted to - in very realistic fashion. In fact, its BETTER than Blair Witch.

Even so, it is only drama.

chewlip said:
I've seen this video before, on youtube. It's just some art students i think. Did you actually think this was real? :shock:

No, I did not think this was real, nor do I find very much posted in the ghost section of this forum to be beleivable. I just found the last couple of minutes to be entertaining. However the 4 minutes leading up to it is a pain to wait through.

Art???? ART!!!!!! Geez I hope he never exhibits! Is this the same team behind Torchwood?

Can't really give us a good still frame, terrible editing, long, dull build up and for the fatal finale the camera captures water dripping right to left in the smashed windscreen! Oh yeah this guy's an artist alright!

Still the horror make up makes up for it all.

Did he pass? Is it that easy to be an artist in Portugal?

Moooksta said:
and for the fatal finale the camera captures water dripping right to left in the smashed windscreen!
That's to indicate that the video camera is on its side, as the operator has been killed.

Do keep up! :D

That was quite entertaining. liked the idea of warping the video when the camera was concentrated on the 'hitcher'. nice touch.

Moooksta said:
Art???? ART!!!!!! Geez I hope he never exhibits! Is this the same team behind Torchwood?

Can't really give us a good still frame, terrible editing, long, dull build up and for the fatal finale the camera captures water dripping right to left in the smashed windscreen! Oh yeah this guy's an artist alright!

Still the horror make up makes up for it all.

Did he pass? Is it that easy to be an artist in Portugal?

The car didn't look that damaged. Didn't see no smashed windscreen.

There's no rain for the first four minutes, no windscreen wipers going...they crash...it's pouring.

Water dripping centre frame is straight, no bevelled glass to change its course, like a windscreen.

And look closely after the line "See that spot there, Yes"...camera zooms in, goes weird, pulls out and an open clam shaped phone appears centre frame.

Ryn...got dat! Chin chin!

This "mistery" as revelead this week here in Portugal when the director of the movie was interviewed for a magazine.

He's called David Rebordão and he did the movie - called "The Curve"- so he would get known and raise funds for other projects of his. He's the guy in the backseat. The other passengers (including the "ghost") are actors from a small theater company near Lisbon.

He didn't expect that the movie would be uploaded to Youtube or the it would get English, Spanish and even Chinese subtitles. After receiving a phone call from a friend that was staying in Mexico and saw the movie on TV, on a Mexican paranomal show, he decided to come forward.

Here's the official site of the clip (all in Portuguese):

http://www.acurva.net/

And here's the other film project of his (in English, and with a link to the trailer of "The Curve"):

http://www.ovirus.com/

Why was anyone even discussing if that was real?

"That's where I DIED! RAAAAAGGGGHHH! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!"

Deary me.

evilsprout said:
Why was anyone even discussing if that was real?

"That's where I DIED! RAAAAAGGGGHHH! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!"

Deary me.

Shoddy logic there man.

Just because something is a cliche doesn't mean it aint real. ;)

I didn't know where to post this but, as it concerns the video the OP posted, I thought it might as well go in here - although its actually better suited to the theme of "Social Media Chain Letter - Pass it on Or Die".

I've noticed this has been popping up on the comments section of numerous popular Instagram accounts for a while, and it seems to be appearing more and more frequently.

"If you stop reading this you will die tonight my name is Teresa Fidalgo if you don't repost this on 20 of their pics I will sleep with you forever one girl ignored me 29 days later her mom died search me up on google".

Back