• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Ghost in Sussex park

It's not beyond the realms of the possible that he simply didn't notice the old woman behind him. If it weren't for the story accompanying the picture, nobody would given it a second look. Or maybe she's a seagull?

I only posted it because it was on the bbc website.

The contrast in colour is not right though, the mans face is in colour and the womans face is dark grey/green.

Anyone could fake something like that, so it'll never prove much.

What do people make of the follow-up story? (Linked at the bottom of the page) I'm not convinced of the striking resemblance, but then again, I'm only seeing the one photo supplied by the family, whereas they knew her personally...

Yeah, I'm not convinced of the resemblance either..the eyebrows in the "ghost" pic seem much more pronounced. Also the distance between the nose and the upper lip seems different in each photo.

The photo is also of different proportion to the first one which shows the guy sitting down in the grass. Could the second one have been cropped? The "ghost's" torso is cut off by the bottom edge of the photo, I wonder if her body continued below that point?

I also hesitate to accept that there absolutely was no one else about. An old lady walking past would hardly attract much attention. In fact it would be quite sad if it is the case that they simply didn't notice her - shows how "invisible" our elders can be to some of us.

We have decided, after much learned discussion, that the "paranormal phenomenon" which haunts Chris' photo is in fact somebody's granny.

True. It looks exactly like one of my grannies. She's been dead for over 15 years though. Hi gran!

Seeing as I live in sussex now, I might end up going there at some point. I'll keep an eye out for ghosts.

Hey peeps

Have to agree with what's been said.....an old lady could have walked across at that very moment and no-one would necessarily have seen her at the time. I personally don't look too deep into the background when I am taking general pictures of places I am visiting....only time I really deeply look is if it is on an investigation.

Regards

Stuart

I have e-mailed the BBC to ask if any more info came to light after this story. It is a couple of years old, though.. :(

IMHO it looks more like a man than a granny. also her clothing colour, is it a result of the process of manipulating the picture - or is s/he wearing a shirt that is filthy (or perhaps shadows?)? seems to be a modern shirt though!

>edit, too many words in sentance making it confusing lol

RealPaZZa said:
IMHO it looks more like a man than a granny. also her clothing colour, is it a result of the process of manipulating the picture - or is s/he wearing a shirt that is filthy (or perhaps shadows?)? seems to be a modern shirt though!

Yep. That's my granny alright. :D

If you photoshop a normal pic you can turn someone into a ghost, so it's just as easy to do the reverse.

Yep, it all looks a bit fake to me too, and bugger all resemblance between the two pictures.

Horsesh*t, you might say.

What I liked was how in the original story they prove it’s not a ghost because it’s wearing modern clothing and looks like someone’s gran. Because obviously everyone knows that if ghosts did exist they’d certainly only come in the chain-rattling sheet-wearing variety…

Back