• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

ghost on tybee island

thenumenorian

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
tybee island is off the coast of georgia. it's a family place, an island with only one or two hotels, everything else is family cottages, moss hanging from trees, wide beaches, very quiet and quaint.
the people of savannah and tybee love love love art, especially regional art and subjects and the cottage had paintings in every room. our bedroom had a wonderful large canvas, a palm tree beach scene hanging on the wall opposite the foot of our bed.
our bedroom was in the old part of the house, you could tell parts had been added on progressively. the owners' padlocked storage closet was in one corner of our room and directly in front of the storage closet was the aisle at the foot of the bed that lead to the opposite wall (exterior wall). it looked like this closet was constructed in what might have been originally a hallway.
the cottage was comfortable with a friendly feel, but i admit i didn't spend any time there alone.
it had one extra bonus, dogs were permitted, so both of the pups got to go with us to the ocean. there were dog paintings and cute little dog nicknacks everywhere.
well one night, borderline asleep, i'm awake suddenly sitting bolt upright in bed and a black shadow, taller than the height of the bed by a few inches, shot out of the storage closet (through the locked door), raced across the room in a split second and slammed into the wall. wham! then the large canvas flew off the wall and instead of falling straight down ended up against the bed. i would have thought the painting fell first and i dreamt up the shadow etc. except for the order of events. i was awake a split second before the shadow, and the crash into the wall happened before the painting flew off the wall which i clearly saw. the speed at which the shadow moved was impressive!

ghost of the original beach dog come back to see the visiting pups?

Very creepy! Did you notice anything about how the shadow moved? Did it seem to be on four legs like a dog or more like two legs? When you say just a little taller than the height of the bed I'm guessing we're talking about two or three feet high all together?

The thought of the little shadow creature scuttling about is horrible! :shock:

Great post!

the shadow looked like it was running on four legs, just like a large burly black dog might look, except moving fast, at the gallop x2. came through the closed closet door silently, but slammed into the wall as it went through that to the outside. then the painting flew off the wall, almost in the wake of the energy.
btw i did check outside to see if there was any debris that might have fallen..didn't see anything. i wasn't as creeped out as might have been, because it didn't seem to have any curiosity about us, just wanted out. i'm a dog owner...it seemed like a dog to me.
tybee is near savannah georgia, and the natives claim
savannah is the most haunted city in america. plenty of ghost tours and haunted bonaventure cemetery.

thenumenorian said:
the shadow looked like it was running on four legs, just like a large burly black dog might look, except moving fast, at the gallop x2. came through the closed closet door silently, but slammed into the wall as it went through that to the outside. then the painting flew off the wall, almost in the wake of the energy.

We've got another thread going about the dog who leaped out of the wall over here. Interesting that both events involve dogs.

As I understand you, this fellow came through the closed closet door as if he were immaterial...and then crashed into the wall as if he were living in the material world...but then was gone without a trace?

AFAIK in most reports of ghosts going through walls it there is no impact, no sound and no transfer of kinetic energy to knock paintings off.

But then again, ghosts are sometimes suspected of moving things, e.g. hiding them. If so, they must have some ability to impart kinetic energy to material objects. Selectively, one must suppose.

Maybe this was a clumsy ghost who forgto to dematerialize in time?

I live in Georgia and may have opportunity to stay over in Tybee sometime - was this a rental cottage? Would you be willing to share the name (maybe by peraonal message)?

maybe it was just impatient to get out. but yes that was the sequence.
I don't think we have any established facts yet about the paranormal. so anything might happen i guess. and in this case did.
its a typical charming old cottage i'll look up the address if you like.

If you dont mind I'd like the name or address of the place in case I get the chance to stay there sometime soon. I'm always up for having my sleep disturbed by clumsy cannine ghosts.

Back