• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Ghost photo at football match

ChrisBoardman

Justified & Ancient
PORTUGAL. It happened on October 03 (2012) in one of the most unlikely places for the occurrence to this kind of phenomenon: the Estadio do Dragão, city of Porto - Portugal (Dragoon Stadium).

During a football game of the Champions League's agenda, contest between the teams Porto (Portugal) and Paris Saint Germain (France), that finished with result of 1-0 for Porto, the cameras that recorded the celebration of the goal scored by the colombian James Rodríguez , captured the presence of a ghost among the fans who celebrated in the stands.

http://brazilweirdnews.blogspot.com.br/2012/10/ghost-photographed-in-champions-league.html

Looks to me like it could actually be a person...

What does everyone else think?

It's just a bloke in the crowd. The photo has been taken from a good distance off so the background lighting isn't clear.

I thought it was a kid in a mask or just a guy sat down. I don't see why anyone would think it's a ghost?

Obviously a Porto fan, as the (ahem) ghost can be seen smiling, and clapping hands at the goal.

Really, it just looks like someone has isolated the person, and then greyscaled it. Simple as that. ;)

JackDark said:
... Really, it just looks like someone has isolated the person, and then greyscaled it. Simple as that. ;)

I agree ... The mystery figure's image appears to have been digitally manipulated.

On the other hand ... The figure might simply seem 'low-res in a ghostly way' because it's seated in shadow. The standing man to the figure's immediate left (behind the boy in the blue windbreaker) would seem to be placed so as to put the mystery figure in shadow.

Yon iPhone app that was out a while back....the app that let you take a picture but placed a ghost in the frame somewhere....hasn't just arrived in that part of the world has it?

I've never heard of a ghost appearing in a crowd before. Are there any precedents? Seems doubtful.

gncxx said:
I've never heard of a ghost appearing in a crowd before. Are there any precedents? Seems doubtful.

There's the Freddie Jackson ghost photo taken of the crew of the HMS Daedalus - there has to be other "crew with dead crew member in the photo" photos out there - and there's the ghostly figure that appears in the dinner photograph at St Mary's Guildhall, Coventry (Jan. '85)...

It's the definition of a "crowd" that trips you up.
How many people have to be in the picture with the "ghost" for it to be a "ghost in the crowd" picture?

Time travelers however....they seek out crowds to be pictured with...go figure :shock:
(See "Chaplin Time Traveler" and that picture of the guy with sunglasses on looking at cars in the 40's or 50's.)

Now I think of it, there are those classics with the group photos of classes or regiments or whatever with the blurry figure standing at one end, posing for the camera, though they were easy to fake back then.

Its ridiculous that a ghost is smiling and he wear a coat with dress pent.
What do you think is it fiction or fantasy.

It's an old woman. There is another picture that shows her sitting there more clearly and it's definitely her.

Back