• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Ghost Picture taken today

Crookshank

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Can you see the ghost face in the window? What do you make of this? I took this photo this morning to upload to my twitter and facebook to show people the new place I just moved to. Lo and behold I spotted the ghost face, but I did not see it when taking the photo. What do you think?

http://twitpic.com/avalwx

The ghost looks like he's having a good laugh, whether benevolently or maniacally it's hard to say. Or maybe you need to get out the Windolene?!

Oh well, I thought you could exorcise it with a good polish. My other explanation would be it's a reflection of something creating a facelike pattern, but not knowing what's opposite makes it hard to say.

I thought that.. but there's nothing it could possibly be. I have another pic taken just before that and the Ghost is looking in a different direction. And here it is.. this was a photo taken by mistake hence the odd angle.

http://twitpic.com/avc2aa

So it is! Excellent. Though that suggests whatever the image is it could be 3D if different camera angles make different variations. Could it possibly be a reflection of some sort on a shiny wall behind the window?

I honestly thought of everything you are suggesting and honestly there is only more flats and nothing that creates such a pattern. I have a photo taken of the same spot a couple of hours ago and there is nothing like a face on it .. its gone. I'll try and upload that one too.

Well, I'm stumped. I suppose you ruled out a reflection of your good self as the laughing spirit? Funny thing is, it looks to be in monochrome, as if it was a pattern on the glass rather than an actual person (in colour).

Today I am wearing a long pink headscarf which I am sure would be visable in colour in any reflection. It does look monochrome and transparent... which is unusual.. I have not used photoshop, trickery or double exposure. sorry but he stupid website won't let me upload the pic showing a nice clear window with no face on it. But I shall upload when I can. Honestly there is no wall in the kitchen to reflect off, and nothing on the outside it could be reflecting.

Are you able to upload a much larger picture?

We are discussing a jpeg image, which assigns values to pixells with the main objective of keeping the file-size down to a minimum. Artifacts abound, since the whole format is based on pattern-recognition and replication. Meanwhile our own brains seem to be programmed to recognize faces among the camouflage of leaves etc.

I can see a face-like shape in the window but it is fully in keeping with the kind of artifacts I would expect to see in a jpeg. Is there a RAW digital image? :?:

I'm inclined to think the strong vertical line might mean this is just a reflection of the plant we see in picture 1.

The image was uploaded directly from my phone. I don't have a larger image and the images taken later don't show the face.

I thought it might be the plant but you can clearly see the plants reflection there and it casts a darker shadow or reflection, darker than the image of the face which looks to be inside rather than on the glass.

I don't mean to offend Crookshank but I honestly can't see what it is I'm meant to see?

Is it the window to the right (in the top left hand corner?)...or the pink blob I can see behind the door windows?

I have also, on another thread, commented about the amount of "ghosts" photos showing a spirit who seems to spend eternity staring out of windows, there is an awful lot of 'em.

I'd dispute most of those photos as simply reflective surfaces reflecting light and as James so eloquently put it, we fill in the rest.

I can see a face but its most probably simulacra not a ghost.

it could be bottles on a shelf.

Moooksta said:
I don't mean to offend Crookshank but I honestly can't see what it is I'm meant to see?

Is it the window to the right (in the top left hand corner?)...or the pink blob I can see behind the door windows?

It's the window on the right, bottom left pane, top left of that: a laughing face.

I have got another photo with actual reflections in it that look nothing like that... so I conclude it is not a reflection or trick of the light. I have seen every ghost photo in the world and yes I'm skeptical too, but just to let you know there's nothing it could be reflecting.

Have to say, you don't seem too concerned about having a spook in your nice new gaff. Any reason why?

Simulacra if you ask me, not that anyone did. Very nice one anyway.

gncxx said:
It's the window on the right, bottom left pane, top left of that: a laughing face.

Cavynaut said:
Look to the left of the plant Mooks.

Got the area now...thanks gncxx and Cavy...I can see what we're looking at, looks more like a bearded lady ghost with a necklace on.

Who's face can we seen through the door slats?

Any chance that you could go very close to the offending window, Crookshank, and take a picture through the window of the inside of the room, I'd like to see what's on shelves or if there's reflective surfaces inside the room hitting the pane?

As I said...ghosts looking out of windows..... :hmm:

JackDark said:
Have to say, you don't seem too concerned about having a spook in your nice new gaff. Any reason why?

Oh yeah... well you see I'm a medium.. its my job.

Moooksta said:
gncxx said:

Cavynaut said:
Look to the left of the plant Mooks.

Got the area now...thanks gncxx and Cavy...I can see what we're looking at, looks more like a bearded lady ghost with a necklace on.

Who's face can we seen through the door slats?

Any chance that you could go very close to the offending window, Crookshank, and take a picture through the window of the inside of the room, I'd like to see what's on shelves or if there's reflective surfaces inside the room hitting the pane?

As I said...ghosts looking out of windows..... :hmm:

Interestingly enough you're not the only one who's said its both male and female at the same time. I immediately thought male and yet if you look at it you also see a female. Interesting. Now I do have other photos but the damn website isn't letting me upload yet. I'll do it when its possible.

Crookshank said:
JackDark said:

Oh yeah... well you see I'm a medium.. its my job.

Oh, right, well in that case why are you asking us? Go and speak to the dude and find out why he's hanging round the kitchen window causing such a kerfuffle.

Well if I am correct this is Fortean Times message board. I thought people would be interested. If you aren't then don't bother with it.

Back