• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

GhostStudy.com: What Do You Make Of It?

The website is fun to look at mainly for the month gallery but in all not one single person on the site looks for an explanation beyond "Ghost".

The forum is the single funniest forum EVER! So many pages of spritual bullshit and people seeing faces in photos!

Dark Angel's comments:
It seems that this ghost was surprised by the photographer, but just wasn't quick enough to duck out of the photo.

:D

If only i'd known that spooks were runing around dodging our gaze.

I must say that this month's (?) collection is a lot better than the usual bollocks, :lol: bollocks nonetheless....

Oh, come on! The Tower of London 'bloke in a sheet' is a real hoot! That they imagine they see a pageboy haircut and this therefore proves the Princes in The Tower story is incredibly funny.
I really must put my sheet on and submit a Jack The Ripper 'Victim' Phantom picture.

Hey now just remember the inferred quiet rule of the site: "If it looks like something's there, then it's definitely a ghost."

Aye, Did Princes in those days have 1982 womens' hairstyles at all?

Ho ho! Just remembered the "Send us your fake ghost pics" bit....
Isn't that what they'e been doing for most of the time anyway? Hehe!

"Viewers are always asking us how we can tell a fraudulent photo from the real deal. Well, (We can't!) it's not an easy chore. And the unfortunate thing is, there are many photos each month that we can't decide on(?), so the world never sees them at all....(I'd love to see them!). We have learned a lot though, but unfortunately the steps we take in authenticating a photo should not be shared on the web. We don't want to give the photo-shoppers any new ideas on how to trick us." (What....they actually go to the length of using Adobe? lol!) :lol:

The website is fun to look at mainly for the month gallery but in all not one single person on the site looks for an explanation beyond "Ghost".

I used to go there a lot a couple of years back, but left for exactly that reason

Chez, Thy's been busy! Every new post on my list ends with yours! hehehe...

I have nothing else to do :lol: waiting for a chicken to cook

For people who find that site so amusing [myself included], we seem to check it out fairly regularily :goof: . Regardless of the content, this will make the webhost quite happy.
I enjoy those pictures, I love saying: "Duh its only a xyz, every idiot can see that" and then clicking the next picture.
Every now and then one freaks me out even though it may well be a fake. There are just not enough pictures and they've put the archives away now so you have to pay to look at them. Tsss.
Sorry if I repeat stuff but I couldn't be asked to read the whole thread [yet].
Why can't the FT site have a ghost picture corner?
Hey hosts, you could get even more "hits" like that and make this site a little less reliant an the forum!!!!!

Anyone remember the one on there that was taken of Elvis's mothers car?It looked like Elvis himself was sat in it,Quiff and all, till you looked closer and saw a man in a mac stood behind it.It was just an optical illusion.It was quite amusing

Looks like a stray sunbeam on a painting, or maybe a projection from a camera obscura.

konajinx said:
They need YOU now. For some extra funds...

http://www.ghoststudy.com/new8/changes.htm

I especially enjoy items number 3 and 7 on the list.

Not as bad as another group I know of; in the wake of the Tsunami last year, many websites were encouraging people to donate to the DEC group. A disreputable group decided that very week to advertise on its website "Please donate to us" - minimum donation was £20, going straight to the organiser's paypal account. Click on the Greed-UK link below if you're interested.

Yes, well I just don't know if I want my money going towards materializing spirits who just want to piss on my floors. ;)

I spent a lot of time reading Ghoststudy but became disillusioned with in recently. Plus, I have found their gallery to be quite disapointing over the last few months.

Oh well, now I am here and hope to get my weird shit meter full up :p

Welcome, Sedescha; there's enough weird stuff here to keep anyone amused/frightened--and those are just the posters.

Oh, is that my coat? How thoughtful.

[says over her shoulder as she is dragged offstage]Check out "Threads of Fortean Excellence"

Thankya for the welcome. I've been lurking a bit and find the discussions here a lot more intelligent and levelheaded than there. Ghoststudy, in my experience, has waaay too much "oh, if you think it's a ghost, then it's a ghost!" people. Just, buhh?

In particular, there was a post about a woman who had a picture of her Timney Grey parrot (like an African Grey). I knew immediately that's what it was, and even google searched images so people could see it. And yet every post was patting her on the back about her "cute doggy ghost." I wanted to smack them all with a bat. The original poster even admitted it was a picture of a Timney Grey parrot and the ghost dog "just showed up." I couldn't see anything remotely resembling a dog, but I could see a parrot.

The last straw was when someone else posted to me "I can see how you'd think it was a parrot, but I see a dog."

It just kind of all went downhill from there :roll: :roll:

I also got sick of them posting that fake website- I forget the actual name, but something like "my son timmy"- by a company called Yarn Bird, and half the people on that site wanted Yarn Bird's balls for daring to make a fake ghost kid story to amuse internet goers. I had to jump on my little soap box a couple times about that because they desire to censor that sort of thing just really incensed me.

I really ought to shut up now, I'm babbling :p

Quite OK...it's true, they don't like naysayers there. It's truly a case of people wanting to believe in things so badly that they don't seem to have an off switch for all the obvious stuff on that site. And if you dare to disagree (even civilly), you're always shot down by the moderators.

But then again, what can you say for a place that won't bother to fix their typos ("Achrives" on the link to "Archives"), even when pointed out to them becuase, and I quote from memory, "I'm just too lazy to fix that."

Ah well. I just feel sorry for the folks who actually dump money into the site there to see the stuff like the secret crypt, most of which you can find for free anywhere else on the web with a little searching (No, I didn't pay for it, but going by the free tour given there, I have deduced this with cunning sleuthery! ;))

konajinx said:
Quite OK...it's true, they don't like naysayers there. It's truly a case of people wanting to believe in things so badly that they don't seem to have an off switch for all the obvious stuff on that site. And if you dare to disagree (even civilly), you're always shot down by the moderators.

But then again, what can you say for a place that won't bother to fix their typos ("Achrives" on the link to "Archives"), even when pointed out to them becuase, and I quote from memory, "I'm just too lazy to fix that."

Ah well. I just feel sorry for the folks who actually dump money into the site there to see the stuff like the secret crypt, most of which you can find for free anywhere else on the web with a little searching (No, I didn't pay for it, but going by the free tour given there, I have deduced this with cunning sleuthery! ;))

Haha, yeah. I am a big believer in ghosts, but I got really fed up with the constant "I zoomed, highlighted, inverted the colors, and circled that little shadow under the tree- see my ghost?" threads. Er, no. If you have to look *that* hard to see something, it's probably not there.

Also threads like "I changed the contrast and look what I found in the shadows!" I'm not inclined to believe those, either.

I saw very few truly inexplicable photos on the site- the rest were simulicra (I think I just slaughtered that word), or objects just falling into place.

And orbs. Don't get me started on how boring and lame orbs are.

Back