• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Glaswegians don't dry between their toes?

A

Anonymous

Years ago one of my friends, who grew up in Glasgow, claimed Glaswegians don't dry between their toes after a bath or shower. He said he'd been swimming with his dad, who caught him drying between his toes, and his dad was mortified, saying 'real' Glaswegians don't do this!
But nowadays my friend denies ever telling me this, and says it's all nonsense. But I distinctly remember him telling me this tale..... I have a very good memory for weird conversations!

..... anyone ever heard any other odd tales about the bathroom habits of the Scots?

Well I'm glaswegian born and bred and my toilet habits are perfect. :D

oh and yes I do wash and dry between my toes!

H.

My ex-girlfriend wasn't Glaswegian, but she never dried between her toes.

She was however, a lazy bitch, and suffered terribly from athlete's foot.

Jolly Jack said:

:lol: Good one! I guess I should point out I'm Scottish myself, but from the other end of the country from Glasgow, so this tale could be part of the old East-West antagonism....

Lobelia Overhill said:
Jolly Jack said:

Do you work for Hallmark :laughing:

Yes, I'm head of their Bile and Vitriol department. It's a niche market for people who can't think of snappy rejoinders, but who'd like to have the opportunity to come back with something at their leisure.

Successes so far include the "Oh, and I do think you're fat" range of cards, and the gift wrapped dog turd.

Back