• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Gorilla In Our Midst?

How bloody annoying is this article????

A cryptid on our shores, and no trace of the backing evidence!

No wonder the scientific and other establishments laugh up their sleeves whenever Fortean topics are mentioned (mutters to self until in the distance...)

Those guys just love coming up with puns don't they. Aping around, gorillas in the midst and such. But if some say it is a plastic bag, it must be quite a bad picture.

What would we call this large Scottish primate if it were real? Can I sugget the McCaque?

Evilsprout said:
What would we call this large Scottish primate if it were real? Can I sugget the McCaque?

LOL, very clever!

This is the first time ive heard about a gorilla running around scotland, i doubt its a relative of the grey man of Ben nevis and would think its more likely to be an escaped zoo animal or exotic pet. Still its a good story and i have seen a picture that may be the one that they are talking about.

sas3_9724515.jpg

I found this pic on cryptozoology.com in the gallery and the guy that posted it is saying it supposidly a yeti or sasquatch but to me it looks like it could be a gorilla. Ill leave you all to make your own minds up.

The guy seems to think typical gorilla height is only 5ft 5... im sure the gorillas i`ve seen were well over 6ft tall!

The Florida Skunk ape picture looks very realistic, it also looks a whole lot like an orangutan, the obvious thing to conclude about that picture is it is an orangutan and was not taken where it was said to be, but people have said that picture was anything from a man in a mask to an Old English Sheepdog so people, especially debunkers, saying this looks like a plastic bag are not saying much.

Without a look at the image itself noone can be sure. I do think its odd that a gorilla is in a habitat like northern Scotland thouhg.

That's not the picture that was published in the Press & Journal. The picture they printed looks like a black plastic bin bag in the distance.

Isn't it more likley that this is soemone's April fool joke that the paper was a bit slow picking up on.

tang-malow said:
Still its a good story and i have seen a picture that may be the one that they are talking about.

sas3_9724515.jpg

Synth said:
Isn't it more likley that this is soemone's April fool joke that the paper was a bit slow picking up on.

not everything that doesnt fit with the norm is a late april fools joke. It is possible yes but i dont think it should just be dismissed so easily with out analysis.

Originally posted by Goldstein
The guy seems to think typical gorilla height is only 5ft 5... im sure the gorillas i`ve seen were well over 6ft tall!

It might've been a female or a young male. The top end of male height for mountain gorillas is around 185 cm (< 6'1"), and I'm sure that's measuring them without regard for their normal, less-than-perfect posture. Of course, there's gotta be some variety in size, just like there is among people.

Whatever this creature was i think its pretty safe to say its an out of place creature. Either an escaped or released Gorilla or other great ape.
The height given by the viewer could be up for debate as if i saw something like this in scotland walking about i think id be so scared or pumped that my judgment would be way off. I dont know how many times ive tried to identify people to the police and i get almost every aspect wrong, from the height to the type of clothes they where wearing altho in this case we do have a picture of the beast but if the past replies are to believed and it just looks like a bin liner stuck to a tree it could be anyones guess how tall it is.
I dont think its possible its a wood wose, grey man or loch ness monster :D

Are you being serious or sarcastic?

tang-malow said:
Whatever this creature was i think its pretty safe to say its an out of place creature. Either an escaped or released Gorilla or other great ape.
I dont think its possible its a wood wose, grey man or loch ness monster :D

Back