• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Green goblin nabbed at strip club!

A

Anonymous

this is a pretty weird example of life imitating comics,
i got this story from some news site from canada

Belleville police say they have arrested the “Green Goblin,” the man police believe sent more than 100 envelopes containing cat feces and human urine to doctors, fast food businesses and media outlets in Belleville.
The dramatic arrest came on Sunday night, after a man called police from a pay phone at the Boo Club, a Belleville strip club. Identifying himself as the Green Goblin, he began to mock police.
The officer who took the call could hear an announcer in the background and guessed that the man was calling from the Boo Club on North Front Street.
A detective and a team of about five officers tracked down the man in the club and tackled him to the ground before he had finished his call.
The arrest took place without further incident and a man was taken into custody.
“We’re extremely glad he’s off the street,” said Staff Sgt. Wayne Doyle of the Belleville Police.
Local doctors and fast food outlets started receiving the packages last week, signed by “Norman Osborne” or “the Green Goblin.”
Norman Osborne is the real name of the Green Goblin in Spiderman comic books.
Child-like insults were also attached to the front of the addressee’s name. One envelope, for example, was addressed to “No Hair Testicle [Dr.’s name].”
Letters weren’t normally included, but animal feces and human bodily fluids were.
According to Belleville police Staff Sgt. Al Portt, the Green Goblin’s vendetta against doctors appears to have stemmed from a disagreement with certain medical practitioners in Belleville. He had diagnosed himself with medical problems and disagreed with several local doctors who claimed he had nothing wrong with him.
Shawn Eric Bird, 40, has been charged with mailing obscene matter. Police said additional charges are expected. He will attend a bail hearing today.

Rare bit fiend said:
According to Belleville police Staff Sgt. Al Portt, the Green Goblin’s vendetta against doctors appears to have stemmed from a disagreement with certain medical practitioners in Belleville. He had diagnosed himself with medical problems and disagreed with several local doctors who claimed he had nothing wrong with him.
Bad Doctors! Slap Wrists! The guy's clearly not normal.

I thought it was something of a truism in the medical trade that patients often go to the doc complaining of one thing when they're really worried about something else.

So now we have another criminal instead of someone under treatment.

When I saw the title of this thread I though Deayton had been caught again :D

Also, I'd like to know how the officer just guessed which particular strip club the Goblin was calling from just by hearing the announcers voice... :rolleyes:

Back