• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Green Lantern

GNC

King-Sized Canary
They've made a Green Lantern movie and here's the trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCEcYg3lNR4

Must admit I've never read any of his comics and only know him (them?) through his Justice League appearances. But this looks fun in a sci-fi silliness kind of way. I'm one of the few who didn't mind the Fantastic Four movies, mind you.

'In brightest day, in blackest night
No evil shall escape my sight
Let those who worship evil's might
Beware my power, Green Lantern's light!
'

:D

Ryan Reynolds quotes that rhyme in the trailer!

OK, now for bonus Geek Points, who wrote the Green Lanterns' Oath?

Well, it looks like you've all avoided the QI style penalty, because Alfred Bester, to whom it has often been attributed, denies it was him, and says it predates his involvement on the comic.

I used to think it was Alfred Bester, too. Then I read it probably wasn't. :)

I used to like read Green Lantern, when I was a kid. More fun than Superman, easier to find than Batman. One of a handful of DC comics I used to enjoy, back in the 60's, when they showed up in the local newspaper & tobacconist's. You'd find them in the revolving stands, the likes of, Doom Patrol, or Metal Men. Of course, the quality of the rarer (bought up quicker, because more popular?), more realistic and space-age, Marvel offerings usually blew away the rather old fashioned and quaint, DC fare. There were also, usually, a few of the cheapo, pulp, reprint , Alan Class comics (b&w, but 64 pages of weirdness, for only a shilling).

Those were the days. Rarely stuck for a choice of decent comic, from both sides of the Atlantic, if you had thruppence, sixpence, or a shilling, in your pocket. :lol:

gncxx said:
They've made a Green Lantern movie and here's the trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCEcYg3lNR4

Must admit I've never read any of his comics and only know him (them?) through his Justice League appearances. But this looks fun in a sci-fi silliness kind of way. I'm one of the few who didn't mind the Fantastic Four movies, mind you.

This video has been removed as a violation of YouTube's policy against spam, scams and commercially deceptive content. :wtf:

Green Lantern is a good character. Traditionally kind of a space opera in the comics. Should lend itself well to modern computer film wizardry. Looking forward to it.

Back