• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Greg Chapman's Touring Non-Psychic 'Psychic' Show

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Saw this advertised on Facebook. Looks juicily Fortean. Techy and I have booked for the Chester event!

As spotted by @Floyd1, the venue we're going to is part of a tour. I'd only been shown the one stop.

Here are the dates kindly provided by @Floyd1 -
https://www.ticketsource.co.uk/gregchapman

We're going to this one -

Elton Community Centre, Chester, CH2 4PU
Thu 9th May 2024

It's about an hour's drive for us. There are railway stations in pick-up distance so should anyone fancy going by train we can give lifts.
We will be taking abundant refreshments as thoughtfully advised by the venue.

I will of course be reporting back.

The Non-Psychic 'Psychic' Show

58292-16946861072931-m.png

'Psychic’ performances are everywhere these days – with people who claim the ability to communicate with the dead performing everywhere from theatres, to home visits, and on television.

What, however, for those who are interested in the idea of these ‘psychic’ shows, but are skeptics? Or would like to see how much ‘psychic’ phenomena can easily be faked?

That is why magician, escapologist and comedy performer Greg Chapman created his ‘The Non-Psychic ‘Psychic’ Show’, and is very excited to be coming to Elton Community Centre, Cheshire, with the show!

Using the full range of magic, escapology, mentalism and other performance skills, he takes the audience through a ninety-minute exploration of fraudulent mediums, from the Victorian Seances to modern psychic readings, but all clearly presented as trickery – and without any attempt or illusion of talking to people’s “dead relatives’”.

This show is fun and thought-provoking. Although the show takes no stand on whether it is actually possible to communicate with the dead, it shows how the appearance of such communications can be made through trickery, in a way that is entertaining, interesting, and at times downright funny!

NB: Please note that no refreshments will be served at this performance. Feel free to bring your own, but please no alcoholic beverages.

Last edited:
Saw this advertised on Facebook. Looks juicily Fortean. Techy and I have booked!

It's about an hour's drive for us. There are railway stations in pick-up distance so should anyone fancy going by train we can give lifts.
We will be taking abundant refreshments as thoughtfully advised by the venue.

I will of course be reporting back.

The Non-Psychic 'Psychic' Show

Elton Community Centre, Chester, CH2 4PU
Thu 9th May 2024

58292-16946861072931-m.png

'Psychic’ performances are everywhere these days – with people who claim the ability to communicate with the dead performing everywhere from theatres, to home visits, and on television.

What, however, for those who are interested in the idea of these ‘psychic’ shows, but are skeptics? Or would like to see how much ‘psychic’ phenomena can easily be faked?

That is why magician, escapologist and comedy performer Greg Chapman created his ‘The Non-Psychic ‘Psychic’ Show’, and is very excited to be coming to Elton Community Centre, Cheshire, with the show!

Using the full range of magic, escapology, mentalism and other performance skills, he takes the audience through a ninety-minute exploration of fraudulent mediums, from the Victorian Seances to modern psychic readings, but all clearly presented as trickery – and without any attempt or illusion of talking to people’s “dead relatives’”.

This show is fun and thought-provoking. Although the show takes no stand on whether it is actually possible to communicate with the dead, it shows how the appearance of such communications can be made through trickery, in a way that is entertaining, interesting, and at times downright funny!

NB: Please note that no refreshments will be served at this performance. Feel free to bring your own, but please no alcoholic beverages.
He's coming here in April.

Bother, not coming anywhere near here. Maybe he'll do it in the second half of the year.

Is she going with friends who don't want you there? :bthumbup:

You could tag along and sit with us. :)
Er.... please no alcoholic beverages.

No, although I don't like the woman she is going with and in any case I don't mingle with the public if at all possible, so I shall be drinking wine at home.

(She's going to the one here).

Er.... please no alcoholic beverages.

No, although I don't like the woman she is going with and in any case I don't mingle with the public if at all possible, so I shall be drinking wine at home.

(She's going to the one here).
Yup, the page about it that Facebook directed me to didn't mention any other venues. Puzzling.

Last year there was a brilliant psychic-type show at the Weird Weekend. This bloke might go down well in the same slot. We'll see!

Last year there was a brilliant psychic-type show at the Weird Weekend. This bloke might go down well in the same slot. We'll see!
MrsF off to see him now.

And yes, I am drinking wine.

See- always keep to my word.

Two hours without a break apparently.
You may get a sore arse. Again.
:bthumbup:
Great advice, thank you.
Techy says 'We'll take cushions then!' :chuckle:

Two hours is a bit much. No break? I s'pose that's because there's no opportunity to sell refreshments. :thought:

:bthumbup:
Great advice, thank you.
Techy says 'We'll take cushions then!' :chuckle:

Two hours is a bit much. No break? I s'pose that's because there's no opportunity to sell refreshments. :thought:
I think it went on for half an hour longer than was advertised, but it might not necessarily be the case in Chester.

I think it went on for half an hour longer than was advertised, but it might not necessarily be the case in Chester.
Bring it on. :cool:
We'll be taking an array of suitably non-alcoholic and hopefully non-diuretic liquid refreshments. :wink2:

That'll be water, then. :(

Back