• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Hairy Biped With Glowing Red Eyes (Virginia; 2001)

Human_84

Somewhat human
I came across a story today which reminds me highly of the mothman (and it even takes place in the correct vicinity for that kinds of things). I imagine a mod will merge this with another mothman thread. There are a slew of them and i didnt know which was most appropriate.

http://ufoinfo.com/humanoid/humanoid2001.shtml

Location. Northern Virginia
Date: January 2001
Time: 0300A
Several family members living in a remote location heard strange screams or yells coming from the woods resembling that of a woman crying out in pain, terrified they called the police and went out to investigate. The police searched the area with high-powered lights but could not find anything. Some time later they heard the screams again and again the police was summoned and again nothing was found. Next time they decided not to call the police again. Days later the dogs were heard barking in the backyard, a female witness points the flashlight out back and sees looking back at her 2 huge red eyes. She focuses the light on them but can't make out the figure. She yelled out for the additional family members but the eyes disappeared. She vaguely sees a dark figure run into the woods. A couple of months later around 0300A the main witness taking a stroll near the horse trailer when he saw a huge figure, with gray fur and black patches, the hair seemed to be wiry. The terrified witness froze in place and fixed the flashlight on the creature, which moved behind the trailer and vanished. Day's later neighbors saw a similar creature in their backyard.

WRT the content of the original post, it doesn't sound like Mothman IMHO. Alleged sightings of hairy bipeds with red glowing eyes aren't all that rare in the US. John A. Keel's The Complete Guide to Mysterious Beings describes quite a few.

Human_84 said:
I came across a story today which reminds me highly of the mothman (and it even takes place in the correct vicinity for that kinds of things). I imagine a mod will merge this with another mothman thread. There are a slew of them and i didnt know which was most appropriate.

http://ufoinfo.com/humanoid/humanoid2001.shtml

Location. Northern Virginia
Date: January 2001
Time: 0300A
Several family members living in a remote location heard strange screams or yells coming from the woods resembling that of a woman crying out in pain, terrified they called the police and went out to investigate. The police searched the area with high-powered lights but could not find anything. Some time later they heard the screams again and again the police was summoned and again nothing was found. Next time they decided not to call the police again. Days later the dogs were heard barking in the backyard, a female witness points the flashlight out back and sees looking back at her 2 huge red eyes. She focuses the light on them but can't make out the figure. She yelled out for the additional family members but the eyes disappeared. She vaguely sees a dark figure run into the woods. A couple of months later around 0300A the main witness taking a stroll near the horse trailer when he saw a huge figure, with gray fur and black patches, the hair seemed to be wiry. The terrified witness froze in place and fixed the flashlight on the creature, which moved behind the trailer and vanished. Day's later neighbors saw a similar creature in their backyard.

Sounds a little bit like the "bunny man" who is supposed to be running around Fairfax County. It's a famous urban legend around these parts.

http://www.co.fairfax.va.us/library/bra ... /bunny.htm

Back