• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Hampton Court Ghost

Ooh thats a bit clearer. As they say in the blurb above the video it does look a lot more human in this version, especially the way it moves. Looks like a bloke with longish hair but a bit bald on top, wearing a big coat to me.

hhmmm

something this un-discreet seems doubtful. the fact that it was on richard and judy proves it to be of minimal but interesting press. if something did really occur would they show it on tv. i think it would be bookmarked and researched by numerous para people before this. sounds like a nice publicity stunt.

Ha ha, I notice this so-called "ghost" takes two goes at trying to shut the right hand door. Usually ghosts are pretty good at making things slam shut and stay shut :p

Dark Detective said:
Ha ha, I notice this so-called "ghost" takes two goes at trying to shut the right hand door. Usually ghosts are pretty good at making things slam shut and stay shut :p

How do you know? how many ghosts have you met? There could be incompatent ghosts you know...;)

It’s true. You would expect the ghost to be able to close the door in one go. I mean… you wouldn’t expect to see the brown lady to glide down the stairs only to trip on her death shroud causing her to stumble down the remaining steps. It would be amusing but not what you’d expect to see. :)

MXhaunted said:
It’s true. You would expect the ghost to be able to close the door in one go. I mean… you wouldn’t expect to see the brown lady to glide down the stairs only to trip on her death shroud causing her to stumble down the remaining steps. It would be amusing but not what you’d expect to see. :)

But that sort of thing happened all the time on "Rent-a-ghost" ;)

brian ellwood said:
Just had an e-mail from a friend who says he doesn't want to open any attachements on my mail as he heard that the video of the Hampton Court Ghost has a virus in it, and as I've a copy on my hard drive in my animation prog. my pc is 'infected'. Is this the start of another urban legend? Any one else heard of this?

first a dodgy 'ghost' movie and now a Ring related URL. This get's more fortean by the day.

Palace has, it apears, not posted since this thread so I think we can cast doubt on anything they've said?

Why was it even bothered with closing the door ?

Chilly, worried about intruders ?

As he retreats if you look closely you can just make out his lip movements, I think he is saying something like

" You born in a barn or what Tony ?"

So.... has there been any kinda consensus about the Hampton Court Ghost, or is it all just a big unknown?

Is it me, or does the figure appear to be semi-transparent?

errrmm.......

Compare these two "copies" of the "footage"

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/gam ... /ghost.gif

(The original link given on the first page of this thread - some debate about it being a "bootleg")
and

http://www.ritilan.com/archives/000518.html

The above is much clearer, and you can count the frames. I make it 8
1. Doors closed
2. Doors about three quarters open
3. Doors fully open, "ghost" visible stepping forwards
4. Ghost reaches for right hand door with left hand
5. Ghost leaves RH door and reaches for LH door, with Left hand
6. Ghost steps back, left hand door actually slightly further open than previous frame
7. Right hand door opens three quarters again
8. Both doors shut as per frame 1.

Now watch the first link, grainy, wobbly "bootleg(?)" version (I'm just using this description for reference you understand!)

First thing to strike - it might just possibly be from a different angle, but this could be distortion caused by bootlegging it off TV as someone suggested earlier. The sequence plays faster, and I find it harder to match the frame by frame sequence
BUT
watch around frames 2/3 in the above sequence
I think that in "frame 2", you can see the ghost coming, which you can't in the steady version, and I also think there might be an extra frame at this point

However,

I don't have the software or technical expertise to prove it, and I'm going boss-eyed with staring at it now.

Go on, shoot me down ':D'

FYI:
===

STRANGE PHENOMENA INEVSTIGATIONS LECTURE THIS SATURDAY

THE GHOSTS OF HAMPTON COURT PALACE (BY IAN FRANKLIN)

Saturday 3RD NOVEMBER 2007 at 4:00pm.

LECTURE INFORMATION.

SPI are proud to welcome to Croydon former Hampton
Court State Apartment warden Ian Franklin. Ian comes
to lecture on the “Ghosts” reputed to haunt the Palace
and has many slides and graphics to show.

See the places connected with the most well-known
Ghost stories, before we go behind the scenes to
discuss the "Scientific Ghost Hunt” conducted by
Professor Richard Wiseman in the Haunted Gallery and
Wolsey Closet in 2000.

Then see how the media dealt with the now infamous
"Skeletor" closed circuit television pictures of what
appears to be a "Ghost” opening a fire door. Find out
the TRUTH about this singular occurrence from someone
who ‘REALLY’ knows.

Also find out how a BBC TV reality series helped get
Ghost Tours launched at Hampton Court Palace. (New