• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Harry Price: Ghost Hunter

sherbetbizarre

Special Branch
His dad played a famous ghosthunter earlier in the year, now Rafe Spall is Harry Price this Christmas...

The Life Of Pi actor has signed up to star in the feature length drama for ITV about a fraudster medium and ghost hunter who is given a chance to turn his life around by taking on a new case.

The period film, set in the 1920s, is based on the novel The Ghost Hunters by Neil Spring and will be made by Bentley Productions.

Fact and fiction will be combined to tell the story of Price, a famous British ghost hunter and sceptic.

Spall said: “I’m delighted to be portraying Harry Price for ITV. It’s a fantastic piece of history that has mass appeal and I can’t wait to start filming.”
http://www.theguardian.com/media/2015/aug/27/rafe-spall-to-star-as-ghost-hunter-harry-price-on-itv

Excellent...I'll be looking forward to that, although no doubt the veneer of real-life events will be as thin as er, a thin veneer.

Piece to camera from the man himself here:

On tonight...
For many a moon, the BBC produced A Ghost Story for Christmas, an annual series that scared TV viewers in the 1970s and beyond. Now ITV is getting in on the act, albeit with a twist.

In May, Timothy Spall starred in Sky's The Enfield Haunting, playing real-life inventor psychical researcher Maurice Grosse who, from 1977 to 1979, was involved in investigate supposed poltergeist activity in a council house in north London.

Spall's son, Rafe, stars in this offering, playing another real-life character, and one who was also dedicated to investigating ghostly goings-on. However, unlike The Enfield Haunting, much of what is depicted here is pure drama, with only a small amount of historical fact thrown in.
http://www.westernmorningnews.co.uk...ITV-December/story-28328580-detail/story.html

oooh oooh am I sitting comfortably?

Well, my version of comfort ATM involves half a stand pie, ever more mince pies (do they breed in the cupboard???) and a couple-ish bottles of London porter.

Almost there :clap:

And it follows two episodes of Jeykll and Hyde - which I've enjoyed in a silly kind of way...And I've just come back from watching Star Wars. And there's plenty of wine and food left over. And I can just squeeze in a quick session on Fallout 4.
THIS is more like Xmas!

Harry Price: Ghost Hunter
9pm - 10:59pm
ITV, UTV, ITVHD London, UTV Ireland, STV
Harry Price was a real life 1920s ghost-buster and exposer of fraudulent clairvoyants who will forever be linked to the notorious goings-on at Borley Rectory, supposedly once England’s “most haunted house.”

There’s no Borley Rectory in this adaptation of Neil Spring’s engaging novel The Ghost Hunters, instead Harry (the excellent Rafe Spall), is approached by an anxious MP, Sir Charles Harwood. Price has made a name for himself denouncing charlatans (“zere eez another voice coming through”) and we see him interrupt a fake medium’s stage show. “The money you spent coming here now was a waste! This is nothing but a trick!” he tells a stunned audience.

But maybe there really is something in this paranormal lark after all as Harry and his small team set up their equipment to observe Sir Charles’s troubled and unhappy wife. She’s plagued by a mysterious figure…

http://www.radiotimes.com/episode/dwwjmc/harry-price-ghost-hunter

I haven't seen it yet, we recorded it. But I'm really looking forward to it.

Edit- Because I'm mad.

Last edited:
Price has made a name for himself denouncing charlatans (“zere eez another voice coming through”) and we see him interrupt a fake medium’s stage show. “The money you spent coming here now was a waste! This is nothing but a trick!” he tells a stunned audience.

We saw an excellent two-part drama about Houdini on Netflix t'other night, with several scenes of seance-busting. Highly enjoyable.

Well, I'm not sure what to make of it. I expected something spookier, darker. Kind of along the lines of 'The Woman in Black'. Luffed the chemistry between Harry and Sarah(?). As I say, expectations weren't met, which always befuddles me. Obviously, it wasn't the stout befuddling me. Still, it was worth watching, IMO

I recorded it as well, will watch it with final 2 episodes of Jekyll when I get back to civilisation.

sudden vision of you at the top of Croagh Patrick having a mystical moment ;)

At the gates of West Cork, on the coast. Should have went out earlier as Storm Frank is striking. Some flooding, stormy seas coming over seawalls and tossing boulders and broken masonry about.

Back