• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Haunted Liverpool

won't tell all of them cause I could be here for a while
And your point is? :lol:

Please spill the spooky beans. We LOVE that stuff on here. :D

tilly50 said:
It is probaby more of an UL than anything else, but I have heard tales of a haunting in St Johns gardens. They are opposite the museum and Walker Art Gallery, behind St Georges Hall. There are supposed to be the ghosts of seven people that were walled up during either the blitz or else during the work done on the underground.

The site was once the grave-yard of St Johns Church which was just behind the Hall. The 27,000 bodies are still buried under the gardens (thats why they are memorial gardens). You might also find a plaque on the wall installed by the French government in memory of the captured Napoleonic-War French POWs, who, if they didn't make it back to France were buried in the churchyard.

There is a comprehensive article (with a few mistakes) here at:
http://www.liverpool.gov.uk/Leisure.../Parks_and_gardens/St_Johns_Gardens/index.asp

I could Escargot1 but alot of them are not very exciting. Doors slamming, things disappearing from one spot only to return there a matter of minutes later. I will share with you about the 2 specific areas of the theatre that I always had a 'feeling' when I went to.

The 1st was the upper circle of the theatre known as the Gods. The front of house manager had her office up there and I just didn't like it up there. Not because it was high or anything. I can quite clearly recall a feeling as if I was about to be pushed down the stairs. I did wonder if anything had ever happened up there like that.

There was a corridor that went past a performance space known as 'The Studio' It was a quick way backstage from front of house and if you were working late, it was quite preferrable that going outside and walking right around the building and through the stage door. (Especially if it was raining or it was a friday or sat night, lots of drunk people) The corridor was painted black and was about 20 feet long. At the far end was a key code pad. I would run hell for leather down that corridor. I can't tell you why it scared me so much but it did. I used to fling open the door and try and run as fast as possible so that the light from the other open door shined in. It never worked.

It was about 15 years ago and I can still recall the feeling now and it still scares me :shock: Or maybe I'm just a wet nelly ;)

Back