• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Have the saucermen come and gone?

James_H

And I like to roam the land
I've been reading a deeply strange book by Albert K. Bender, of M.I.B. fame (more for another thread). Turns out he was a contactee as well. Anyway, I thought this was interesting (Bender is interviewing the head honcho alien at their Antarctic Earth base. The aliens are mining sea water):

"How long have you been on our planet?"
He answered, unhesitantly: "Since the year 1945, in your length of time."
[...]
"Do you intend to stay on our planet long?"
"Perhaps a period of fifteen of your planet years."

Bender's experience happened, I believe, in September 1953. That means that his men from the planet Kazik probably left Earth by 1968 or 9.

So what if this were true? It's an interesting thought experiment. It might account for the decline in Contactee cases. Maybe they are so much more infrequent these days because their simply aren't any more tall Swedish aliens around to impart dubious cosmological information to the kind of people who aren't likely to be believed. Maybe all alien reports after, say, 1970, are either fabricated or misinterpreted.

So who say's there's only one type of space-alien here?
;)

Or it could be that contactees simply fell out of fashion, like any other fad.

well that's the obvious answer, gnc... I'm just toying with the idea that they were in fact real, then went home.

Most of the information given to abductees tends to be unreliable, from the end of the world to Blossom Goodchild's prediction, the results tend to be nought.

I wouldn't trust anything an alien told me as far as I could see him.

Interestingly, Bender doesn't. His seems to be a significantly darker contactee experience than was the norm, with plenty of demonic suggestion, abduction elements, and paranoia.

The aliens offer him a bunch of cosmic wisdom, and he concludes that most of it is BS. For example, they tell him that ghosts are actually invisible troglodyte creatures who live in vast subterranean cities and occasionally pop up to the surface to spook people, and to steal things. Bender takes this with a pinch of salt - because he knows that ghosts are actually dead people :roll:

If you're going to argue that the cases now are just fabricated or misinterpreted, then you have to also accept that the older cases could be too.

Personally, I think the reason it's slowed down, or come to a halt, is because back then the fantastical revelations were accepted by people desperate to believe, but over time science proved the details wrong and after that, there's really not much you can do.

There's still a few of these people making money off their stories, even after their details were proven to be infactual, but I think for the most part people realised their gullibility was being used to line the pockets of a few delusional fantasists.

There may well be aliens out there, but so far, there's very little, if any, evidence to show they ever contacted us.

The whole thing has been used just like Jesus. To sell an agenda and/or make a fortune out of the fact that we (mankind) need something to believe in, for the best part.

Contactee type stuff hasn't died out altogether, you still get the Raelians and Ramtha and all that lot plying their dubious trades. Would the Scientologists count as a contactee cult, for example?

gncxx said:
Contactee type stuff hasn't died out altogether, you still get the Raelians and Ramtha and all that lot plying their dubious trades. Would the Scientologists count as a contactee cult, for example?

Not sure about the Scientologists. They tend to play down that side of their cult. I'm not sure if they all believe in it, but if they do, they sure as hell don't like talking about it. The other contactee cults tend to make it the reason for their core belief, and are more than eager to share the whole story.

Like all these 'interview with the alien' type stories it is entirely fictional but I always think it would be interesting to sit the author down and say to him' Look we know and you know that this is all bullshit, but what we want to know is what you hoped to achieve by doing it'

Blooming heck KarlD, what has rattled your cage? This is the second answer I've come across in minutes, where you describe something as bullshit.
I mean its all fine and good if you don't believe in something but until you have concrete evidence, what makes you so allmighty?

Personally I have a lot of issues with abduction stories, a lot are made up, a few report what others have said but can not be confirmed, a small amount are really believed by those that tell and some of those have at least minute amounts of evidence [such as skin complaints, fitting high amounts of radiation etc].
Again, personally I have not read many stories that have convinced me BUT...
...I can't call it bullshit either, unless I had insight into the workings of the universe and could say that "I have the knowledge of everything and therefore I can tell you that these stories are not true."

Get yourself a drink and relax a little... :roll:

Oh I am sorry I have just had a strange weekend dealling with some idiot woman and her 'spiritualy enlightend' fucking horrible 4 year old brat , they both needed a good spanking.
Oh and I do know the answer to life the universe and everything, it came to me in a flash on the way home from the pub.

Back