• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Have You Got A Double?

You know when you wake up in a cold sweat at 3am and have that Oh f**k, why did I post that - I'm going to pay for it now kind of feeling.........?
(At least it wasn't about Gordon this time for a change).
When the photo was first posted, the chap at the front was covering his eyes and thinking, "Don't do it Floyd."

When you posted it with the circled item, the chap at the front was covering his eyes and thinking, "Why did you go and do that, Floyd."

It's like in a spaghetti western when some young chap who thinks he's hard walks into the saloon and says to the hardened gunslinger sitting at the bar, "You ain't so tough, draw!"

Followed be the stunned final last words, with bubble of blood in the mouth, "He... was... so... fast..."

When the photo was first posted, the chap at the front was covering his eyes and thinking, "Don't do it Floyd."

When you posted it with the circled item, the chap at the front was covering his eyes and thinking, "Why did you go and do that, Floyd."

It's like in a spaghetti western when some young chap who thinks he's hard walks into the saloon and says to the hardened gunslinger sitting at the bar, "You ain't so tough, draw!"

Followed be the stunned final last words, with bubble of blood in the mouth, "He... was... so... fast..."
Or, maybe far too much Chilli in his sausage?

You know when you wake up in a cold sweat at 3am and have that Oh f**k, why did I post that - I'm going to pay for it now kind of feeling.........?
(At least it wasn't about Gordon this time for a change).
Not being funny Floyd but that must be something that happens to you quite a lot! :)

One of 'our' cafes posts photos of customers enjoying the excellent service. The owners are promoting it as a cycling cafe as it's ideal, with safe bike parking, plenty of indoor and outdoor seating, a picturesque setting and so on.

Cyclists are good customers because they roll up, often in a big group, order meals and drinks and shove off again ASAP. No lingering over coffee and taking up tables. :nods:

Did a double-take at this photo as the woman next to the window on the right, in the pink top, looks like me.
(I'd've sorted my roots though.)

Didn't mention it to Techy, who also spotted 'me'.
Nah, you're better looking!

Man finds doppelganger next to him on plane - they have same name, friends and hobbies

Mark Garland, 58, was checking into a flight to Bangkok, Thailand at Heathrow Terminal 2 when staff told him he'd "already checked in". After 40 minutes staff finally worked out there were two Mark Garlands on the flight - but the similarities didn't end there. They met in departures and looked remarkably similar, with an identical shaved head.

And when Mark got to his seat on the plane he found out he was sat right next to the 'other' Mark Garland. Younger Mark, a bus driver from Trowbridge, Wiltshire, spent 11-and-a-half-hours chatting to 'the other one' - a 62-year-old builder from Warmley, Bristol.

They discovered they live just 15 miles apart and builder Mark even sometimes gets on other Mark's bus. The pair even have a friend in common - who drinks with Mark, 62, at his local pub. Both are single, and both have four kids, though younger Mark was never married, unlike older Mark who is now separated.

They realised that they lived very close to each other, and that they had crossed paths before. "I'm a bus driver, and Mark said he sometimes uses my bus," Mark said. "I just found it astonishing that he was so near - up the road. One of my colleagues knows him and goes for drinks in the pub with him.”

"It's crazy. What are the odds on that? I'm a bit taller but people have said we could be brothers." As well as looking the same, having the same name and living near each other, both men discovered that they have a shared passion for Thailand. "We both love Thailand" said older Mark. "I told him I'd been 13 times and he told me he'd been 83 times."
1709728988424.png

An identical shaved head? Well they have heads which are similarly shaved. But that's like saying Angela Merkel and Louis Armstrong have an identical unshaved head.
They have the same name and are similarly-dressed bald men who are close in age. Staff seeing them both one after the other could easily be confused. It's not as if only one was white, say.

I was in London just over a month ago,couple of blokes pointing at me and getting excited (I was in Soho for a meal) so when they crossed the road looking at me I thought this could get interesting :thought:
Turns out they were Lithuanian and they wanted a selfie with me :chuckle: I am the spitting double,a carbon copy,of a Lithuanian TV personality,they showed me a pic of him on a phone and it was like looking at a photo of me:oops:

I was in London just over a month ago,couple of blokes pointing at me and getting excited (I was in Soho for a meal) so when they crossed the road looking at me I thought this could get interesting :thought:
Turns out they were Lithuanian and they wanted a selfie with me :chuckle: I am the spitting double,a carbon copy,of a Lithuanian TV personality,they showed me a pic of him on a phone and it was like looking at a photo of me:oops:
There's a whole new career for you.:hoff:

An identical shaved head? Well they have heads which are similarly shaved. But that's like saying Angela Merkel and Louis Armstrong have an identical unshaved head.
Have you ever even tried to shave Angela Merkel's head?

Well... there's a picture in the current FT444 that gave Herself pause for thought. Apparently it looks like me when I was a lot younger, but I can't see it myself. Some Russian bloke called Alexander Bogdanov, photographed around 1905. If my alleged body double died before I was born, does that invalidate it, or else can be served up as evidence of bad planning on the cosmic level, or what?
1713038448426.png

At uni (several decades ago now) it was alleged that I looked a bit like PJ Proudhon (the bloke who coined the "property is theft" theory) but again... my alleged body double is long dead....
1713038660030.png

I've wondered if I could make money if Robert Plant told Jimmy Page that he's finally giving in so Jimmy can have that last Led Zeppelin show. And I'll go out on stage with Jimmy once he is thoroughly likkered up and lip sync my way through with Robert Plant's vocals played. I'd collect a tidy sum in addition to being deluged with bras ant panties on stage,

I've wondered if I could make money if Robert Plant told Jimmy Page that he's finally giving in so Jimmy can have that last Led Zeppelin show. And I'll go out on stage with Jimmy once he is thoroughly likkered up and lip sync my way through with Robert Plant's vocals played.
Plant is seen around Ludlow quite often.
You should go there one day, walk around and see what happens.
I'd collect a tidy sum in addition to being deluged with bras ant panties on stage,
I don't think that happened to Zeppelin so much.

I've wondered if I could make money if Robert Plant told Jimmy Page that he's finally giving in so Jimmy can have that last Led Zeppelin show. And I'll go out on stage with Jimmy once he is thoroughly likkered up and lip sync my way through with Robert Plant's vocals played. I'd collect a tidy sum in addition to being deluged with bras ant panties on stage,
Robert Plant could now fake his own death and you could take over. Like Paul McCartney and Elvis and those times I stunt doubled for John Holmes. Phone him and ask him. What could go wrong?.

Plant is seen around Ludlow quite often.
You should go there one day, walk around and see what happens.

I don't think that happened to Zeppelin so much.
Oh indeed it did. You should read up on their hotel room antics. Jimmy Page had a thing for 14 year old girls and one incident one got wheeled into the hotel room on a room service cart. And then the mud shark incident....

Oh indeed it did. You should read up on their hotel room antics. Jimmy Page had a thing for 14 year old girls and one incident one got wheeled into the hotel room on a room service cart. And then the mud shark incident....
A lot of that came out in a stomach-churning book about them which I did indeed read on its first publication.
Can't remember the title as I subsequently lost interest in them.

Back