• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Help With Studying Physics

A

Anonymous

hey,
even though i have not had physics yet (still in high school) ive been teaching myself whatever i can. i read books and i ask questions. anyway, i was hoping if one of you out there who is good at this stuff can help me out. i wanna know more. ive read about einstein's theories and ive learned about quantum mechanics. i know a liitle of both (and several other things related) well if anyone wants to help me out, reply.

Hi there.

Had a quick look round and found a couple of interesting sites -

This is a good (very good, this'll keep me going all night - damn night-shift) Q&A page hosted by Fermilab in the States. Has good descriptions and clear explanations of some cutting-edge stuff. The replies are mainly written by Fermilab researchers.

You say that you are just about to start high-school physics. Here is a good place for the sort of nuts-and-bolts stuff that you'll be studying when you get there. Doesn't compare to superstring theory, but you'll need to know this stuff first.

;)

Oh, and a very good popular science magazine (UK based) is New Scientist. Their web-site is here . Its always worth a look.

Best of luck.

Back