• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Here Be UFOs!

Melf

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
not sure where this goes? either in ufos or earth mysteries?

re-reading "ghosts and legends of the peak district" (c) jarrold 91

i came across this (on page 12):-

in the epic poem beowulf, which some scholars believe was composed for the merican royal court in the eighteenth century ad,* arial dragons which today would be reported as unidentified flying objects are described as:-

...the primeval enemy which haunts the dusk: the scaly, malicious worm which seeks out funeral mounds, and flies burning through the night, wrapped about with flame, to the terror of the countryfolk. its habit is to seek out treasure buried in the earth and mount guard over pagan gold...

could they be earth lights and not ufo's?

* i think the writer meant the 8th century ad

Interesting post. Remember that UFOs and earthlights are not mutually exclusive - there is some crossover. Quite a lot of UFO sightings are really UAPs, or unidentified atmospheric phenomena. So yeah, the passage does sound like some kind of UAP to me.
UFOs and UAPs both - they've been with us for thousands of years. But of course, they will always be interpreted in terms of the cultural framework of the time and that of the people who see them.

Big Bill Robinson

thank you

but thats why i couldnt work out where to put the post.

Back