• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Heroes

All in all I've enjoyed Volume 4 much more than 2 and 3. The finale wasn't too bad and was much better than I expected after reading the american reviews online, (I have no idea why they hate this show so much and yet seem to love Fringe)

I'm looking forward to the next series. I hope they start showing more of the government's attempt at controlling the bad guys and recruiting the good guys. I think if they took it in a more 'Monster of the Week' direction then it could be more viewer friendly.

I wish they'd give Hiro his powers back but I reckon they've decided time travel is too much hassle.

Volume V started on BBC 2 last night, anyone catch it? Seemed more muted this time around, even Hiro's sections were lacking in fun (I wish they'd stop messing about with him), and I'm not keen on the new bad guy. Sylar seems to be emulating Harvey from Farscape, too.

New episode on tonight on BBC Three, about midnight.

I think they've got themselves caught in the continuity trap, with some characters storylines getting just too tangled...I think they killed off too many characters in series 3 as well.

Unless they're going to use time-travel to reset some of the stories.

Yeah, I think it's gone on too long for what is looking increasingly strained. Although episode three of this season was a bit better with the Sylar-Parkman thread getting interesting. Mind you, the new bad guy is like a refugee from Carnivale.

That was the final episode of Volume V on the BBC this weekend (I hope no one tried to record it on BBC2 last night because the snooker bumped it - it was on BBC Three, though).

Interesting the way they squeezed five episodes of plot into about twenty, but I suppose they had to give every main character a chance. I'm underwhelmed, dunno where they can go from there and it's not certain it's coming back anyway. At least Hiro is back to normal, that's the best I can say about it.

But will Hiro ever become the cool Hiro we saw talking to Peter on the train way back in series one? Or is that future not going to happen now? I love Hiro!

I'm hooked on Heroes, but I wish I wasn't. The script in series four was awful. Things were a little better in this most recent series, but isn't it ever so convienient that the cheerleader is (almost) having a relationship with her female roomate? And that they sit around in hot pants in the middle of the night talking about it?

I really hope that in the future of the series we see more of the good guys teaming up to fight random bad guys - seeing them cooperate and actually use their powers would make for good TV. It's not that I want it to be just like Xmen, but it does get frustrating having so many storylines going on at once and having so few real action moments.

I've completely lost interest in this series.

Not helped by the scheduling - I could never work out whether the BBc2 double episodes were ones I'd already watched on Bbc3 or not.

It's official, it's all over, Heroes has been cancelled. There might be a one-off wrapping it all up, but officially the series has bitten the dust. Oh well, one less thing to watch.

Myrtlee said:
..It's not that I want it to be just like Xmen, but it does get frustrating having so many storylines going on at once and having so few real action moments.
That's what did for me in the end - having given up on it during series 2, I had sort of come back to watching it during this last series, where at least it seemed slightly more coherent, but there was still way too much buggering about and long stretches of sod all. It's almost as if it was more concerned about getting its own mythology established than telling a story: and it doesn't matter how established and attentive your viewers, constant self-referencing just makes it all a bit irritating.

Besides, it was veering dangerously near to time-paradox (or near analogue) territory - and like "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles" before it, there's only one of two ways you can go from there. A trite, cheap, unsatisfying instant resolution in Ep 1 of the next series, or a huge, confusing, shaggy-dog that lasts half or more of the next season before it collapses under its own tedious weight, to be witnessed by the half-dozen viewers who still care. Which begs the question..
gncxx said:
It's official, it's all over, Heroes has been cancelled. There might be a one-off wrapping it all up...
What on Earth could they do that would wrap up all the loose ends it generated for itself in one episode? TBH, having Claire come out to the assembled media was, dramatically, the best place to leave it.

So leave it ;).

Heroes Reborn is on 5*, 16th of Feb, next week, UK viewers. The Americans have already seen it and proclaimed to be "a bit rubbish" (or garbage), but I'll give it a go, I watched every other episode.

Anyone watch it? Tim Kring wrote it so it felt like the Heroes of old (i.e. not the previous season that drove it into the ground), but hardly anyone from before was in it. At least give us Greg Grunberg, he can't be busy, he's already vanquished the Big Ass Spider. Wasn't too impressed with the girl whose power is to enter computer games, talk about gimmicky. It was a muted return so far, and they even used the ancient cliché of two people struggling for a gun, it goes off between them, they lie still for a second or two, then we find out which has been shot.

Looks like this won't get another series for at least ten years now. Strange, I watched every episode in a state of confusion because I'd forget from week to week what the hell was going on. Too many characters! At least they used their powers a bit more than before, but even with the whole world at stake, it didn't feel right not to be bothered whether we were saved or not. Greg did show up, though, as a baddie for some reason.

Back