• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

How 'Bout "Not Cursed"?

MercuryCrest

The Severed Head of a Great Old One.
Staff member
This situation is a little odd, but being that I was the one it happened to, I can attest to its validity. A while back, a friend of a friend gave me a necklace. I should iterate that we were trading various beads and other art supplies when I found this in the drawer he showed me. It was a simple necklace, though I don't care to describe it in detail to anyone for fear that it might leech onto them, but suffice it to say that it was the equivelant of an ourubouris (sp?).

Anyways, this thing was one of the most powerful talismans I had ever had within my grasp. I had never thought it before, but at the time my only thought was that it was Dripping Power and I had to have it. He gave it to me without a second thought and I thought that I had hit the spiritual jackpot (though I am well aware of the incongruity of the expression.). In my life, many times I have come across an object with power flowing from it, but this was entirely different, and I thought so at the time.

Many things went wrong in the following six months and, to be brief, I thought that I was heading in a downward spiral. I was consumed with thoughts that I don't care to delineate, but had to do with my own personal hell.

It all came together one night. When I pray, I visualize God in a certain form and in a certain place. I can't describe it, but I just feel a certain comfort and a certain peace that only comes from these prayers. Many could say that it is related to the brain's capacity to...whatever..., but these are the few times when I feel that there is a God and that that God Cares.

Anyhow, I prayed, and I saw my visualization of God as I normally do, but without the same comforting feeling that is usually prevalent. I knew something was wrong but wasn't sure what until I "saw" cracks in the face of my visualization of God. I "saw" that it wasn't God at all, but something in a "GOD" mask. After that I put two and two together and got the hell rid of that necklace. Everything came together at that point and I realized that my life had gone downhill since I had been "gifted" that necklace.

When I say that things changed as soon as I got rid of that "thing", I really mean that overnight my attitude changed, I got the sparkle back in my eye (as evinced by several strangers, I might add), and I felt that my life was back on track, so to speak.

As near as I can tell, something was acting through the object, in much the same way as the dead were controlled in the Black Hope Horror, by some unnamable being which sought for the destruction of the self. It's almost as if this thing was attached to the object rather than, in the case of the Black Hope Horror, a location. I can only thank the Great, Good Lord that I knew I wasn't powerful enough to actually don the necklace.

Now I am not a religeous person at all. Nor do I believe in the Devil or anything of the sort. Still, my own belief in some sort of deity has given me refuge from the nightmare that persisted until I disowned "the damned thing".

I labeled this post the way I did because I can only say that to refer to this thing as "cursed" is to be ignorant of the extant of what it showed me. It was definately an outlet of some type of maleavolent thing. If you need more specifics, please let me know, as I will be happy to provide any info, aside from where I disowned it and exactly what it looked like.

Ooohh...please tell us some specifics! I love specifics.

Did you sell it on eBay? You could of made a fortune if you told bidders why you were selling it.

Although I understand the humor in the above post, I must point out that, in my life, nothing could possibly be more serious. This was something which I never thought I would encounter, but I ended up nearly meeting my death and subsequent hell. As I said, if you want specifics, fine, ask them, but please do not poke fun of my brush with true insanity. This is still the most difficult ordeal I've had to deal with in my life and it is something of a sore spot. Still, I offer my story in the hopes to educate and let other people know that they're not alone.

Oops, sorry :oops: Just in a silly mood this morning. Didn't mean to offend.

This is a very interesting story..sort of like a lovecraft tale brought to life, definately not something pleasant to go through. But really, don't feel bad because someone made an eBay joke; it's kind of a requisite for any conversation mentioning cursed objects. ;) It's an irresistable comment to make, and I can tell it wasn't made with any bad intent, if anything with lots of enthusiasm.

But anyway, where did your friend get it from to begin with? I have no interest in looking for one myself, I just wonder. If it was in his art supplies, did he make it himself? Or was it something he bought or found and intended to use for parts? Because it seems it would be highly unusual for him to make a necklace and it randomly be charged up like that.

How did you dispose of it? You don't have to say where, just how. My hope is that you burned it or otherwise destroyed it.

The vision of a cracked mask on God is incredibly eerie and would make for a great element in a story, by the way.

I didn't exactly mean to take offense, but rather just to clarify how serious this situation had gotten. It happened recently, in the last nine months, and still has me a little freaked out. I suspect that that might have to do with my being all too aware of this sort of thing. There is a Lovecraft quote I'll look for which has to do with (speaking of night-guants) them haunting more readily the dreams of those who think of them too often.

Unfortunately, I was not able to burn it, as I live in the middle of the city and that would have just been impractical. As it was, I figured out what was happening one night on the way home from work. All I knew was that I had to get rid of the thing the second I got home.

I actually kept my mind occupied with random, mundane thoughts as I disposed of it as I didn't know if "it" would realize what was going on (crazy, eh?). I have my own particular necklace which is a rather powerful (quite good) talisman for me. I found it, polished it with care while saying a few words, and held it tight in my hands. I walked over to the damned thing which had been wrapped in cloth, and, without unwrapping it, undid the clasp. I then walked outside to an undisclosed lake and said a few prayers I am familiar with. Toward the end of this process, I cast it into the lake. I just hope that no one ever finds it on the bottom. It is important to note that I would have picked a more proven means of disposing it, but I needed it out of my life right then and there.

Anyhow, it was not hand made, and I've no idea where this person got it. He has subsequently been taken in by a different monster, known as crack, so I do not and don't care to speak to him. I was not aware of any problems he had with this thing in particular, nor how long it was in his possession before he gave it to me. I should note that it just happened to be mixed in with his beads and other supplies, towards the bottom of the drawer.

It could be that it was waiting for the right individual to pick it up. I may have been incredible (spiritually) weak at the time, I'm just not sure why it affected me the way it did. Since getting rid of it, my life has only gone up hill and the outlook is bright. I have also considered that maybe I was just "blaming" this thing as an excuse for my life crumbling around me, but after the way my mind was affected and after the next-day-turnaround I experienced when I got rid of it, I just can't embrace that conclusion.

So the experience leaves one wondering what else is out there that touches us and what might just be leaving us alone.

MercuryCrest said:
Anyhow, it was not hand made, and I've no idea where this person got it. He has subsequently been taken in by a different monster, known as crack, so I do not and don't care to speak to him. I was not aware of any problems he had with this thing in particular, nor how long it was in his possession before he gave it to me. I should note that it just happened to be mixed in with his beads and other supplies, towards the bottom of the drawer.

Hi MercuryCrest
This may be completely irrelevant but it did occur to me that you saw a 'crack' in the face of God, and your friend is now using crack - is it possible that there's a connection? Drugs are very powerful at 'drawing people in' and using them, particularly class As, weakens the aura / spirit like you wouldn't believe. I wonder if your friend was using crack without your knowledge at the time and if this somehow has a connection with the personal hell into which you were pulled?
There's a great book called 'Breaking open the head' by Daniel Pinchbeck, about using Shamanic rites and indigenous drugs (such as ayahuasca, hallucinogenic shrooms etc) and in it he talks about his experiences on chemical drugs such as crystal meth, DMT etc. which brought evil 'entities' through into his life. You may well find it interesting as it seems to have a lot of close parallels with your story and the energies of your drug-taking friend. Maybe the necklace had more to do with his energies / the energies that were coming through him than you know?
Just a thought anyway! And a book I'd recommend anyway too, absolutely fascinating.
Glad to hear you got rid of the 'damned' thing anyway. :D

Snowberry

Fascinating reply, Snowberry. I took the "cracks in the visage of 'god'" to be indicative of something creating an absence in my life. In other words, that thing (or rather what was acting through it) was trying to fool me, so I wouldn't notice the absence of the "real" God in my prayer-time visualizations. It took quite a bit for me to realize just how peaceful my normal perceptions of God would make me feel, just a warm, fuzzy, SAFE feeling. As soon as I saw this version of god, without the feelings, that's when the cracks started to appear.

It should also be noted that I use this form of creative visualization in a very intuitive way and that it isn't simply my imagination running away from me. One gets to know oneself so much more thouroughly with proper practice.

That book sounds impressive, especially the "evil entities coming through into his life" bit. That alone is enough for me to read it, hence, I will keep my eyes open for it. Though I did know that he was using at the time, I don't honestly think he was ever 'involved' with the necklace in a direct way; that is, I get the feeling he sort of acquired it, then threw it in that drawer and forgot about it. The ways it affected me were quite insidious, and I didn't realize it until a while after I had gotten it, so perhaps it got to him without him knowing...though I suspect he would have known about the amount of power in it when he got it. Anyways I don't know the guy that well, just kinda in a friend of a friend way.

Thank you for your replies. I have some more to think about now.

MercuryCrest said:
A while back, a friend of a friend gave me a necklace...
Many things went wrong in the following six months

Your story reminds me of a pendant I found in my closet. I was about six years old at the time. The pendant didn't belong to any of my family or friends; it just appeared on the floor of my closet one morning.

I possessed this object until I was 12 or 13. I never wore it because it had no chain, and I didn't always notice it in my jewelry box, but when I did notice it, something bad would happen later in the same day.

I lost it in a house move.

I wonder if sometimes jewellery takes on the vibrations of the previous wearer? I found a metal cross with pictures on the back in a box of junk at a car boot sale. The stall holder said they had never seen it before and charged me 20 cents. Each time I touched it it gave off a lovely comforting vibration which has lessened over time.

I know you don't want to describe the look of the necklace, but can you specify the main material it was made of? A particular type of gem for example? Some stones are considered unlucky, opal I think is one, and some people believe very strongly in the power of crystals and gemstones.

I would feel very funny about wearing second hand jewellery, I don't know why. I do feel like some objects, jewellery in particular, can take on characteristics from people or situations, although obviously it may just be a feeling.

My parents have a small ivory figurine in their house that somebody gave to them as a present after going on holiday.
It's not cursed or anything like that but a strong cool breeze can be felt emanting from it.
I've no idea what it's intended to do.

-----Zoltan

now u said you wouuld give specifics but i still cant see any..please post more info like a significant moment u knew or somethng bad that happened to you, did ur health deteriorate, did ur relationship break down...wat! :?:

Well, though I didn't exactly keep a journal of events (as I didn't realize what all of this was leading to, or from), I can iterate several key things that happened which I believe had something to do with this thing. Some of these things were simply "unlucky", whereas others were leading me to a breakdown of sorts.

To begin with, I quit my job. I don't think this was prompted by it, but the resulting situation may well have been. Now I had paid my rent a month in advance to give myself a little time to work on some personal projects before getting another one. Well, after putting out 36 applications to places I knew were hiring I recieved not one single callback. What's more, none of them even checked my references. Now I know how to fill out an application, and these jobs weren't for neuroscience or anything, but it was almost as if they never recieved the applications at all. After ridding myself of the thing, I actually heard back from several places who simply said that they were tied up and such. As for the job I have now, my boss swore that she had tried to call me numerous times, but could never get an answer, not even my voicemail picked up. The corporate office recieved, then subsequently lost my application 5 times, along with alot of the paperwork I had to fill out. I could go on about how I finally got the job, but it was basic sticktuitiveness.

Anyways, in a small time period, that is, during the process of moving, I managed to get an eye infection that swelled my left eye closed. In the same three days I broke one of my toes (still not quite sure how the hell that happened (it is also the first and only bone I've broken), got incredibly sick (which took three weeks to get over, unheard of as I am a quick healer and am rarely THAT sick for more than a day, if at all), then got a tooth infection in one of my molars. That has to be a record for me. A week later I got a urinary tract infection which turned almost immediately into a bladder infection--tract infections are relatively rare for men.

That covers the health problems. I'll get to the mental stuff and whatnot in my next post. Hope that begins to answer your question. And for what it's worth, every last thing I've listed is highly irregular for me. I'm not accident prone, I've never quit a job without a backup, and until then, I had been consistently OFFERED jobs, just by walking down the street (literally).

I would feel very funny about wearing second hand jewellery, I don't know why. I do feel like some objects, jewellery in particular, can take on characteristics from people or situations, although obviously it may just be a feeling.

I think it's because jewellery is such a personal thing. I agree I would feel weird wearing something second hand if I just picked it up in a flea market/on ebay.

I would feel differently if a friend or family member gave me a peice of their jewellery, or if something was left to me in a will because then you would feel comfortable that they really wanted you to have it.

Back