• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

How To Become Invisible

I can't stop laughing!!
I thought I was the only one with that 'problem', I turn around when on line and they're right in my face -
I always say, 'Please breathe on someone else, I have all my own germs and don't need anyone else's!' :)
An old boy did it to me a few weeks ago, but I let him off for, er being old, but then a young woman did it this week. I turned around from the counter to leave and she was right there.

You can hear when someone is right behind you - they create a quiet zone in the background noise.
I had seen out of the corner of my eye and also sensed that she was close, but I wasn't expecting her to be that close. Maybe she was a pickpocket.

Putin’s boffins create futuristic invisibility cloak for warriors to ‘disappear’ on the battlefield

Technicians at the RKhBZ Military Academy have apparently created and trialled a new fabric which can help troops evade detection by thermal imaging devices.

22830e2d-f883-46e4-8073-861fa62f564d.jpg

bf22f88e-439a-40f5-8c8a-ce8f2d8eee7e.jpg

The fabric is said to consist of three layers: One reflects the heat produced by the wearer's body, while another absorbs heat to prevent it from escaping the garment and a third blocks out the heat from the atmosphere.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/23540190/putin-boffins-invisibility-cloak/

maximus otter

Putin’s boffins create futuristic invisibility cloak for warriors to ‘disappear’ on the battlefield

Technicians at the RKhBZ Military Academy have apparently created and trialled a new fabric which can help troops evade detection by thermal imaging devices.

22830e2d-f883-46e4-8073-861fa62f564d.jpg

bf22f88e-439a-40f5-8c8a-ce8f2d8eee7e.jpg

The fabric is said to consist of three layers: One reflects the heat produced by the wearer's body, while another absorbs heat to prevent it from escaping the garment and a third blocks out the heat from the atmosphere.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/23540190/putin-boffins-invisibility-cloak/

maximus otter
They just have to make the socks and gloves now.

Mine's 'Eau de Soap' - much cheaper.
My work rucksack has a mesh pocket where I keep a bar of soap.
(It's from when I had new boots - nothing is finer for stopping the rub.)

Now and then someone will ask 'What's that?' and I'll say 'Soap!'

If they then ask 'What's that for?' I lean over and sniff them.
:evillaugh:

Back