• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

I met a spirit- Dream or reality?

cassandra78

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
This is a long post, I wanted to put some background behind my experience, I'm sorry it's quite boring.

A few months ago I started my own little investigation into spiritualism after an episode of coincidences that shoved me, slightly unwillingly I have to say, in that direction. People started lending me books and it wasn't long before I was wondering if I had a spirit guide. I have been meeting a friend who I hadn't seen for about 18 months and he somehow persuaded me to practice meditation and shared some techniques in contacting the spirit world. Having heard and read various horror stories (and of course horror films) I have been extreemly cautious and at first I was far too afraid to even attempt contact. Now I have a little more knowledge on the matter I am beginning to feel less afraid and recently tried to contact my spirit guide through meditation. The advice goes something like "say hello and see if you get a response" so I tried, but no answer came until a few days later when I awoke in the night. I posted this in more detail in 'scratching at the windows'.

One of the books I read is 'The Gift' by Mia Dolan, a British medium. Her spirit guide is called Eric, she describes him as "..an old man; about 5-ft-7. He was wearing a brown robe, like a monk's habit, with stains down the front of it. He had leather sandals on his feet. Most of his head was bald, but he had hair around the sides. He had very blue eyes."
Now, I would like to say that most of the things that have happened to me have been in a dream state because that is where I feel safe, i.e. if I really have a spirit guide he or she is giving me the first steps like this because i'm such a scaredy-cat.

I'm a domestic cleaner which involves me going into 20 or so different houses. One of the houses is a large victorian end terraced house which was the first to be built in that particular road, it's the largest in the street and the man who first built it had all the others built a while after. The elderly couple who live there are very friendly and full of fascinating stories. They have been there a good forty years, only decorating once when they moved in, so it's like going back in time.

A few weeks ago I had a dream in which they had died and left the house in my possesion. I was planning what I was going to do, replacing all the furniture, doing repairs, re-decorating etc. I was walking towards the front door, there is a room to the left and a little shelf to the right. Looking to my right I saw my reflection in a mirror and a man behind me, I called to my ex-boyf who seemed to be living with me "Hey, I just saw a ghost!" but the man I had seen came out of the room and mumbled about doing some repairs and left by the front door. Slightly disappointed I turned to walk into the middle room.

The staricase is an open one in the middle room and sitting on the stairs was Eric! I looked at my ex who was in the room and he obviously couldn't see him. "There is a man sitting on the stairs" I told him. He replied "Really?" in a mildly interested tone, as if he was used to me saying such strange things. Eric smiled, he looked so pleased that I could see him, he came down the stairs (nearly bumping into my ex) and started gesturing to his hair. "He's got a bald head with fluffy hair around the sides." Then he gestured to his clothes which I described, he was wearing a white smock with a long very brightly coloured woven thing on top which tied up at the chest. He was also wearing a big 'evil eye' necklace, the ones with the beads like blue eyes supposed to ward off evil. Everything I said made Eric happier, although he never spoke he was very happy that I could see all of this, then he somehow communicated to me that he was Jewish. This seemed very strange to me, but as I said it he nodded so feverently I didnt argue.

My ex was now sittling at a table so I sat down too, Eric was in front of me and he put both hands on my foerarm to get my attention I gasped in surprise because I didn't think he could touch me, then he somehow told me the people who lived there before were upset with my plans to change the house. I asked him to 'bring them through' and I explained to them as gently as I could that they had passed on, and this was my time now. The house changed and I saw a younger version of the man and his wife and there were children running in and out, all dressed in what seemed like post-wartime fashion. One of them was begging for an ariel or something to be put on the roof. The lady said the house was too high for the man to get up there as it was the tallest in the street. They faded away and I realised this was them showing me their early life and giving me the go-ahead to do what I wanted.

The dream faded and I woke up. My first thoughts were "Wow, that seemed really real, and that is the tallest house in the street. I met Eric! But I'm sure he's not Jewish and there is definately no mirror in the hallway of that house." I said the same thing to 3 people I told the dream to. Yesterday one of my cleaners phoned in sick and I found myself back in that house for the first time since the dream, I really expected to see Eric on the stairs. As I walked towards the front door I looked to my right and there IS a mirror above that shelf, I guess I just forgot about it.

My opinion is that it was a signal to tell me with practice I can communicate with spirits, that it's not something to be terrified of and to help me understand how they actually communicate things without necessarily talking. It answered alot of questions like that for me, and I feel honoured to have met Eric and have him show me.
Was it just a dream? Feel free to call me crazy.

Sorry for such a long post over such a little thing.

Eric

Cassandra, Hi!

What a lovely story! It's really pleasing to hear of positive encounters like this.

...And how marvellous that in your dream you were able to communicate in such a calm and warm manner with Eric and the owners of that house.

I think you may be right to say it was a reassurance that you are suited to spiritualism and that you would be a good mediator between parties in this life and the next.

Good for you. Let us know how things develop. :D

Hi! This is an area I am becoming increasingly interested in, and it's nice to hear of such a positive encounter. Keep us posted if anything else happens!

Can anyone give some more detailed tips for getting into contact with spirits please?
I am a slightly skeptic believer if that makes sense. I have held seances with amazing results [believer] but even though I meditate regularily and "keep an inner eye out", there doesn't seem anybody there who'd like to communicate with me. Maybe I am lacking a certain sense that others just have?
However I have seen a ghost before. So why can't I get the one step further?
This makes me skeptic, makes me think of "normal" explanations for my experiences.
I also laugh at TV psychics [when they are bad] as it sounds as if they have constantly a cloud of spirits talking to them.

I think Cassndra's dream is probably a mixture of hearing about Eric and imagining what she would do with the house IF the old people would hand it to her; whereas on the other hand she is getting "tuned" into the spirit world slowly.

How do you learn to stay focused?
It happens so often that as soon as something starts to be somewhat paranormal, I tend to "notice" and the bubble bursts. It is really annoying.

Thank you so much for the positive replies, I thought I was going to get ripped apart for this one!

Dingo667, I'm obviously no expert but I think it's a case of practice practice practice, apparently you will have more sucess the less you react, and the more relaxed you are. 'Contacting the Spirit World' by Linda Williamson is a great book, you seem to know what you're doing, If you havent already, I would suggest going to your local spirtualist church & join a circle if you're invited.
Maybe they need a reason to come through and this is just not the right time? Have you tried to contact for anyone else like a 1 on 1 sitting? That might do it.

Back