• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

I predict on 22st december 2012

KarlD

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstop ... -Hill.html

there are going to be a lot of news stories about people like this crop circle enthuiast killing themselves because the world failed to end, and her parents will be on telly saying ' We don't really know what happend to her she went a bit strange when she started reading all these books, we tried to talk sense to her but she wouldn't have it.'

Perhaps someone should point out to her that people have been predicting the end of the world for as long as people have been around, and they always end up looking stupid.

"Sorry, I didn't buy you a Christmas present, love, but I thought the world was going to end on the 22...."

And that M'lud is when my client beat her husband to death with a bound volume of Nexus.....

So much to scoff at, yet so little time. Still, I might as well have a go...
Members of the crop circle community believe the mystic symbol is a signal of the end of the 5,126-year Mayan 'Long Count' calendar on December 21, 2012.
The crop circle "community" - why do I always shudder when that word is used to describe some band of like-minded simpletons?
Crop circle theorists believe the patterns are created by UFOs during nocturnal visits, or caused by natural phenomena such as unusual forms of lightning striking the earth
Right-o. They all believe that, do they?

As for this latest symbol, it's certainly very pretty, but let's assume it is a genuine Mayan headdress, and that somehow, it contains a message beamed to us from 5000 years ago. Why do the "theorists" think it means bad news? It could mean "don't worry - it's just the end of a Big Year - everything will carry on as normal".

Peripart said:
Crop circle theorists believe the patterns are created by UFOs during nocturnal visits, or caused by natural phenomena such as unusual forms of lightning striking the earth
I'm having a hard time believing anyone believes that, but I expect some do.

A couple of ends-of-the-world have been and gone already this year - that of those Russians who went to live in a cave with loads of honey a while back included.

2012's a biggy, I admit, but so was 2000 in its time and there wasn't a mass suicide of new-agers then, that I recall.

Of the 3 latest extravagant crop circles appearing this summer:

- the 'dragonfly' looks more like a queen bee or cicada
- the 'phoenix' looks more like a Native American thunderbird

... and this one looks more like a Soviet-era medallion.

... All of which highlights (to me, at least ...) the extent to which the 'Mayan connection' is projected onto the images as opposed to being clearly immanent within them.

_Lizard23_ said:
Peripart said:
I'm having a hard time believing anyone believes that, but I expect some do.

A couple of ends-of-the-world have been and gone already this year - that of those Russians who went to live in a cave with loads of honey a while back included.

2012's a biggy, I admit, but so was 2000 in its time and there wasn't a mass suicide of new-agers then, that I recall.

Who knows what they will do when they wake up and find themselves not deaded and the world carrying on as before.Some of these groups are a bit cultish.

It seems to be the same old story of if not aliens being better than nasty old humans, then Myans with their deeply mystic abililty, or even mother earth here to save us from ourselves.

Shouldn't the thread title be about the 21nd of December, 2012..? ;)

rynner2 said:
Shouldn't the thread title be about the 21nd of December, 2012..? ;)
It's a play on the fact that the Thread starter predicts a morning after the night before.

;)

Pietro_Mercurios said:
It's a play on the fact that the Thread starter predicts a morning after the night before.

;)
We'll all be dead with swine flu by then anyway... :(

KarlD said:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/5777580/Mayan-apocalypse-crop-circle-appears-at-Silbury-Hill.html

That is a beautiful piece of work. I'm impressed.

SHAYBARSABE said:
KarlD said:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/5777580/Mayan-apocalypse-crop-circle-appears-at-Silbury-Hill.html
That is a beautiful piece of work. I'm impressed.
But nobody commented when I posted the same story on the crop circle thread, a day or two earlier.... :roll:

No wonder I'm gnarly!

rynner2 said:
No wonder I'm gnarly!

I always thought "gnarly" was a surfing term meaning "jolly good", I thought it was a Cornish thing.

gncxx said:
rynner2 said:
No wonder I'm gnarly!
I always thought "gnarly" was a surfing term meaning "jolly good", I thought it was a Cornish thing.
Nope, gnarly from gnarled:

gnarled?
–adjective
1. (of trees) full of or covered with gnarls; bent; twisted.
2. having a rugged, weather-beaten appearance: a gnarled old sea captain.
3. crabby; cantankerous.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/gnarled

Sums me up very well! :twisted:

I see a lot of programs popping up with people saying their the ones behind the crop circles. Usually centralized to a bunch of goofs who delight in pulling peoples chains by using 2 by 4's and rope to carve out their detailed artwork.

It must take them the better half of the night with a few people to cover as much ground.

I like to think they are formed naturally, I have seen video of strange balls of light filmed flying over the fields which are UFOs as far as scientists have offered.

If they are giving us artwork or sending messages to space ships that pass on by, by carving into crops, then we should feel lucky they aren't doing these in our neighborhoods hah :D

jubecrew said:
..I have seen video of strange balls of light filmed flying over the fields which are UFOs as far as scientists have offered.
'Fraid not - it's almost certainly a fake, albeit a good one. See here for an in-depth examination of that very footage.

As with UFOs, Ghosts and Cryptids, I tend towards the "95% mundane-origin" approach when it comes to crop circles - whilst remaining very curious about the remaining 5%.

rynner2 said:
gncxx said:
rynner2 said:
No wonder I'm gnarly!
Nope, gnarly from gnarled:

gnarled?
–adjective
1. (of trees) full of or covered with gnarls; bent; twisted.
2. having a rugged, weather-beaten appearance: a gnarled old sea captain.
3. crabby; cantankerous.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/gnarled

Sums me up very well! :twisted:
Among the yoof, 'Gnarly' is a word commonly paired with '...Dude'.

stuneville said:
jubecrew said:
..I have seen video of strange balls of light filmed flying over the fields which are UFOs as far as scientists have offered.
'Fraid not - it's almost certainly a fake, albeit a good one. See here for an in-depth examination of that very footage.

As with UFOs, Ghosts and Cryptids, I tend towards the "95% mundane-origin" approach when it comes to crop circles - whilst remaining very curious about the remaining 5%.

good find stuneville!

James_H2 said:

Poetic truth demands that the village of Gnarly St Dude be Rynners place of birth.

Spookdaddy said:
Poetic truth demands that the village of Gnarly St Dude be Rynners place of birth.
So mote it be!

8)

Well...
If you go on the train between Basingstoke and Winchester and look to your left about 30 seconds before you get to Winchester station you will see a little baby corn circle about ten foot wide all on its own in the middle of a field.I don't know if it has ambitions to become more complex when it grows up but its alny a flat circle at the moment.

The 20012 "Change"

There is such collective consciousness regarding this date that there will be some sort of change. I rather doubt there will be any kind of monumental event, but there will be at least a change in the minds of virtually everyone familiar with this date's implications. I strongly suspect it will be, in the end, a positive thing.

James_H2 said:

And, a term that been used among the "yoof" of Southern California since I went to high school there in the late 60s.

the pockyclips

LOOK!!, nothing is going to happen on 22DEC2012, except that it will be followed by DEC23, 24,25, 26 etc etc etc till New Year 2013. I have it first hand from a guy I had dinner with in Manoli,s Donner Diner on the Great North Road only 3 days ago, SO, dont forget to hang up your Xmas stockings for Chris Cringle to put lots of presies inm Muchacho,s.

I kiss you all Friendly, Tangaroa42 :D :D :D :D :D :D :D 8) 8)

I Predict

Hello All,

Occasionally I have precognitive experiences, including the tragic event at Banda Aceh, and I am haunted by an even more cataclysmic event occuring along the fault line running through from Japan through the seismic plate that runs directly down as opposed to the one closer in to the Chinese Coast...
In this dream I was standing on an island in Vietnam when all at once the seas were drawn completely away and we were perched on the top on this massive mountain and scrambling for some hold... then in the distance a massive force emerging from the sea creating a new mountain range and in doing so a horrific tsunami such as mankind has never seen.
Have any others had this dream, other less catastrophic ones, this was 4 yeas ago- another different set of experiences was during a meditation on 2010 where a pandemic, involving children ( just a vacant scene and "the Atishoo, atishoo we all fell down", so needless to say I have been watching the development of Swine Flu, an explosion in Lagos, Nigeria, and escalation of antipathy between China and Japan...
unfortunately it is almost impossible to put time frames on these events as time seems irrelevant in my experience.
I simply want to know if anyone else has had a similar dream as the first.
Felicity

If anything cataclysmic does happen in 2012 it's effects will be exacerbated by food shortages brought about by crop circle makers having trashed the coming year's wheat supply - shades of self-fulfilling prophecy.

As far as I can make out from all the Mayan maths, in 2012 the Earth, Moon, Venus and the Sun all align with the centre of the galaxy.This means several fields of gravity all focus together to create a monstrous tide which will bring about a re-run of the Flood.The last time this happened was 3114 B.C., which is as good a guess as any for the time of the Flood. Seas will pile up miles high at the epicentre causing massive tectonic pressure, earthquakes, possibly the tilting of the planet, supervolcano eruptions etc.
This time round, however, there are all the nuclear power stations, ICBMs and chemicals factories to add to our woes.The lights go out, the heating goes off and there are billions more people around who aren't used to a subsistence lifestyle.
If the Earth tilts then the ice caps won't be at the poles any more, and will melt in no time . No more vehicles or factories, so no more global warming and seeing as the planet is now at it's furthest from the Sun in it's orbital pattern it slides into the ice age we're overdue for.

Never mind all the Nibiru gobshite, what about the plain straightforward mundane astronomy of it all?

warning: my opinion

the mayans didn't complete another calendar because by the time they would have gotten around to it their culture had collapsed. they no longer had the sophistication, astronomers, priests, artisans, available to take on this massive undertaking. so why should we believe they could predict OUR demise, when they really could not foresee their own?
fearing (or even hoping for) a destruction of the earth is a christian thing. the angry god, although he loves us, is itching to destroy us, because of our jacked up pride and our accomplishments and the born agains can't wait for it to happen because they feel they of course will be exempt. hoping for destruction happened with y2k, the harmonic convergence, the hall-bopp comet and loads of other times in history. Armageddon is a culturally created concept. it is not present in all religious constructs...... especially western european paganism. its mostly a been cult frenzy. with small groups of people committing mass suicides, or waiting out the specified date in enclaves. this time i think because of the internet and media its gotten much bigger.
I PREDICT: unless someone acts out of hysteria, nothing will happen that day that hasn't happened any other day. it will be just as beautiful and just as ugly as any other day in the history of earth. and i hopefully will be celebrating with my usual big bonfire, because of course it will be the solstice.

I know all the concerns of us non-Scientific buffoons about the LHC was mocked and shot down already but the news that it's switch on has been pushed back to 2011 is a little unsettling...

Back