• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

I Saw And Photographed The Loch Ness Monster In 2006

I think you have been respectful with the images and your comments.

The original poster has clearly been giving a most excellent service, and for free. Remarkable job, hats off to the both of them.

But I fear Mr. Case wanted them to tell us it was definitively, and without doubt, a photo of the Loch Ness Monster. Which I'd be incredibly surprised and disappointed if they did. Which was a point I tried to make earlier and was accused of being "negative". Others too.

The original poster has clearly been giving a most excellent service, and for free. Remarkable job, hats off to the both of them.

But I fear Mr. Case wanted them to tell us it was definitively, and without doubt, a photo of the Loch Ness Monster. Which I'd be incredibly surprised and disappointed if they did. Which was a point I tried to make earlier and was accused of being "negative". Others too.
I don't really think anyone has been negative - if they have it has only been mild and not too serious. To be honest, despite his reservations and concerns, I think the term treading on eggshells (around him) seems apt. Not sure I would have had the same patience.

This could of course be more easily cleared up if those who have also seen this photograph would like to go into more detail. For example:

a) Could the photo be of a whale on its back?

b) What are the colours of the creature? Is the "head and neck" a different colour to the rest of the body?

c) Are there any visible fins or flippers?

d) Is there any detail on the head and neck? Any texturing? Eyes?

Etc.

Sorry, I missed this post.

a) impossible in my opinion.
b) the picture is very low quality, I did zoom to pixel level and came up with dark body, pale - off white neck and a dirty yellow or tawny brown front of head (where a beak would be). I cannot now review the image to reasses this.
c) Not that I can see.
d) Texture not visible, colours as above.

Thanks for the analysis Yith. Odd however that a rising bird conflicts with the verbal account of a sinking animal.
Just putting this out there. Is there any chance that what appeared to be a three dimensional object to the observers and the camera was in fact a shadow cast by a bird too distant to be seen, perhaps a bird of a colour that made it indistinct, elongated by a low sun? In such an instance, a bird taking off might cause the wakes and the shadow would appear to sink into the water. Just brainstorming!

Swans are very heavy for flying birds they need to take a run to get airbourne, so do geese. Cormorants also do this.
They also dive, and are black.

Are there any pike in Loch Ness?

A bird may have been bitten by a Pike, tried to fly off, caused a commotion, and eventually got dragged under.

Oh...you're so negative and nasty...lol :D

That may be how it is perceived, I understood because of the stated reason, that he didn't want to publicly post the photo, but instructing those who did see it not to publicly state their findings seems odd and I am (genuinely) intrigued as to the reason for that.

That may be how it is perceived, I understood because of the stated reason, that he didn't want to publicly post the photo, but instructing those who did see it not to publicly state their findings seems odd and I am (genuinely) intrigued as to the reason for that.

Does seem to be getting a tad silly now.

"Fish Rising - great album."

Thought I was the only Steve Hillage fan left?
Have seen Gong live several times and SH promoting his brilliant 'L' album over at Guildford back in 77 or so.
I saw Gong once in a club in Derby in about '2000 .. :) I saw Steve Hillage play with The Orb a few times though apparently .. I was too mashed to remember him being there .. the Loch Ness Monster might have been there for all I know ..

Last edited:
Another topic goes off-thread...

Not that I really give a flying f*ck, because the OP's reply to my first response here was so totally ludicrous that I held out no hope for reasonable debate.

Anyhow, to veer back vaguely towards the topic, I saw two swans landing today, the usual glide-in and brief waterski session before plopping down into the water. This was at Swanpool, Falmouth. A few years ago we had a black swan here too.

There's a fairly permanent colony of Black swans at Dawlish in Devon, the next county up, and if they've been seen in Scotland too there may be more in Britain than we generally think.

I saw Gong once in a club in Derby in about '2000 .. :) I saw Steve Hillage play with The Orb a few times though apparently .. I was too mashed to remember him being there .. the Loch Ness Monster might have been there for all I know ..
I saw Gong in 1974. I like them, but not exactly a fan. I do like flying teapots, though.

Not seen Steve Hillage but did see Bieber on tv. Not for long. Never for long.
Wonder if Nessie would acknowledge Bieber as an actual flesh and blood creature, or just chalk it up to a trick of the light*

*and swans

What's in the photo that anyone could do anything gainful with? Identify that, then use your computer to scribble it out, all computers can do this.
While you're there, might as well draw a big sea-lizard too. ;)

Back