• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

I Saw And Photographed The Loch Ness Monster In 2006

I posted it and received a very disrespectful message immediately after.

Justin, a large unknown animal in Loch Ness is a non starter, I'm sorry but it is. If you're genuinely wondering what you saw and photographed post it and let people give their opinions. It doesn't have to be acrimonious, and it won't be if you post it.

Justin, a large unknown animal in Loch Ness is a non starter, I'm sorry but it is. If you're genuinely wondering what you saw and photographed post it and let people give their opinions. It doesn't have to be acrimonious, and it won't be if you post it.
Tell that to your esteemed forum member who sent me a message calling me a fraud.

17qvtf3dxh45ujpg.jpg
Did he survive? :eek:

Says the "expert" who thinks an object halfway across the Loch is a close up bird.

Your opinion is worthless.
Don't ask for opinions if you don't want to hear them. If you're looking for "Yes" men then you've come to the wrong place. We are (hopefully) neutral yet open minded - that is was Forteana is all about. Yith was kind enough to try and offer help in order to further this thread. You are acting like a petulant child and I would ask you to show some respect to the members here (both in your behaviour and their intellect) or they will show you none. You came to us remember.

As I mentioned before, I don't jump to conclusions. I wait to see the evidence and also gain insights from talking to those involved. From your tone and actions here I feel as if you have a hidden agenda or you are deliberately being obtuse. What was your ultimate goal in posting here?

Says the "expert" who thinks an object halfway across the Loch is a close up bird.

Your opinion is worthless.

Justin, bear in mind the following
  • The loch is only 10000 years old. It was not a body of water until the end of the ice age.
  • Given how young the loch is, no new mega fauna could evolve fast enough to fill the job of Nessie.
  • This leaves existing fauna.
  • It is freshwater, ruling out exclusivly marine creatures.
  • Its waters are nutrient poor, meaning it has a poor food chain and a relatively sparse population of fish etc to support a breeding population of these large creatures.
I'm really interested in how you think this animal in your picture got there.

That last point being more or less what I described above after seeing the photograph but before reading any accounts of this nature.
mr silverity (posts now deleted) didnt seem particularly onboard for that result ...

There is some suggestion that that is not 'our' Justin Case, who still, incidently, reads this thread.

However, speculating on real life identities is against the rules. I'd be grateful if you would remove that, oldrover.

At Justin Case.

No, you idiot. I'm a regular poster on Unexplained Mysteries. I saw the post containing the photo, sent a polite reply, and and linked to the FB page here for the benefit of the posters who gave you the time to try and address your question.

Everything has since been removed. For what it's worth I replied politely there, and said that I had no idea what the photo showed.

However, speculating on real life identities is against the rules. I'd be grateful if you would remove that, oldrover.

I had already done that when I saw the poster's reaction to it. Just to clarify though, the FB link in question was to an anonymous one post page rather then someone's own home page through which you could identify them, otherwise I wouldn't have linked to it.

I had already done that when I saw the poster's reaction to it. Just to clarify though, the FB link in question was to an anonymous one post page rather then someone's own home page through which you could identify them, otherwise I wouldn't have linked to it.
So what were your thoughts on the image?

Get back on (LNM) thread, folks! Or find a more appropriate thread for your rambling reminiscences...
OK then: Speaking of fortean experiences that no one else will believe, my aunt saw the LNM. She's a solid unexciteable woman from the midwest. She and my uncle were visiting Loch Ness and were on a restaurant patio having lunch. A large animal head on a long neck popped up out of the water, rotated to one side as if looking around, and then submerged again within a few seconds. People around her exclaimed and pointed in astonishment. My uncle was sitting with his back to it and missed the whole thing.

I have no idea what the image showed. Going by the the overall look though I think it was far too large for it to have been a swan. It did look vaguely as though it could show a swan with its neck outstretched, as for the body it was a solid block with no detail. But as I say too large really for any bird.

It was actually very good photo.

At Justin Case.

No, you idiot. I'm a regular poster on Unexplained Mysteries. I saw the post containing the photo, sent a polite reply, and and linked to the FB page here for the benefit of the posters who gave you the time to try and address your question.
Sorry, I'm just such an "idiot" that I fell immune to the wonderful posters who gave their time mocking me, questioning my credibility, and then creating a parody thread to make fun of my experience.

Justin, I'm sorry if you think I was mocking you I wasn't. As you can see by the reply over there I don't know what your photo shows. I think it's actually very good. And my posting the photo here, once it's up on the internet there's no problem in my eyes to link to it. It's fair discussion, I did remove the link though when I saw your objections.

I shouldn't have called you an idiot, but I disliked being accused of stalking you, which of course I am not. But anyway, I apologise for having done so.

I have no idea why there's so much tension about this photo, as I say, I think it's very good, probably the best LNM photo I've seen. So I hope you can continue to show it somewhere. I'll keep out of any thread you post here or there.

If you'd take the time to have a look around the forum we are always poking fun at each other otherwise the place would get dull pretty quick.

I was actually taking the piss out of my fellow forumers for their "lets be all supportive" vibe that they bought to this thread and not you.

We also have big disagreements but as adults we all accept that there are things we are going to argue about and it's pretty healthy.

Justin, I'm sorry if you think I was mocking you I wasn't. As you can see by the reply over there I don't know what your photo shows. I think it's actually very good. And my posting the photo here, once it's up on the internet there's no problem in my eyes to link to it. It's fair discussion, I did remove the link though when I saw your objections.

I shouldn't have called you an idiot, but I disliked being accused of stalking you, which of course I am not. But anyway, I apologise for having done so.

I have no idea why there's so much tension about this photo, as I say, I think it's very good, probably the best LNM photo I've seen. So I hope you can continue to show it somewhere. I'll keep out of any thread you post here or there.

I ggogled the thread title for both forums and came up with this image. Was this what you saw OldRover?

Nessie-1.jpg

That's certainly the most hi-res picture of Nessie I've ever seen.

Back