• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

I Saw Something Yesterday

Most of us see strange things in the corner of our eyes when the brain is starved of input and 'makes up' what it thinks you can see. Perhaps in you and your mum's case the brain represents the bit you can't see as a white shape?

volfie said:
Diabolik8 said:
maybe it was a sock puppet.

That'd be my guess.

"ooh, kettle, thou art black" cried the pot.

moving on to your questions, Megadeath, i'd say read more on the boards. No, really. There's fantastic stuff on ghosts, and IHTM concerning orbs, balls of light, mirrors etc. Unfortunately, my posting skills are far too meagre to perform a cut 'n' paste walk-through for you,but perhaps some other kind soul?...on the other hand you've been here two years, you should know your way around by now:)

My personal opinion on your situation is pretty simple. it seems, from my reading of the situation, that youve had two distinct phenomena with repeated episodes. The ball/shape of white/light thing, seen by both you and your mother - although i'm unclear on whether both times it was in the same mirror - and the apparition of your dog, again both seen by you and your mum. The white shape will almost certainly be a trick of your perception or the ambient lighting if you both saw it from the same perspective, if not then *other* is certainly on the menu, the info about your street was interesting but again i'm not sure of your exact meaning? Your house was built upon the old railway and passenger routes, or the street outside your house was converted over time?

I'm tempted to put the episodes with your dog in the "crisis apparition" corpus, even though it doesnt really belong there. Sometimes when a bond of love and affection exists like that, and its far easier for animals and humans to do, than human-human, you just get manifestations. Is it just in your head? well, your mum seeing it too would generally preclude that but in your specific case i wouldnt be so sure.

Thanks for posting! sorry about my reply - 95% of the time what i try and express and what actually comes out are two entirely different things:)

Oooh yeah. I know that feeling. :p

Anyway. I have another theory of what it could have been (assuming nothing bizarre and paranormal, which it could well be for all we know).

A lot of the time I will be walking somewhere - down the street, through a room, sometimes I'll even be lying down and just move my head a bit - and I'll see a white flash go past the corner of my eye. Apart from the one terrifying time when I looked directly at it and could still see it moving, it has invariably turned out to be light glinting off my eyelashes. It helps that I'm blonde too, lol, so maybe discount this if you're not :D

Someone told me they saw a huge object hovering in the sky over their heads before they realized it was a clump of mascara.

I'm disappointed that people on here are taking the mick out of this guy's literacy skills. One of the reasons I joined here was because everyone is so nice! Just let him share his story and cut the snarky comments!

First I have to say that I'm shocked at the way some people have commented on Megadeth's standards of written English. I thought we were all better than that. We should be supportive to people who feel they can post here even though writing is something they find hard. It takes a lot for someone to post something that they know is full of errors.

Going back to the subject. Could it be an image on your retina? If you had been looking at something dark for a short while and then looked at something light like the mirror you could have a white 'shadow' on your retina.

I saw something

Going back to the subject. Could it be an image on your retina? If you had been looking at something dark for a short while and then looked at something light like the mirror you could have a white 'shadow' on your retina

Liveinabin - that's something no-one's touched on. Very good theory indeed.

Hi Megadeth

I've enjoyed your posts and the responses they have generated. I used to work off Coburn Road in Bow so it was interesting to see the details you found regarding its history.

Did you ever try to re-create the moment (as sugested)? and try and work out what happened?

Like LiveInaBin I often find that if I stare at something dark OR bright then look away I still see the bright image as a "ghost" burnt into my eyeball almost. I wonder if this is what happened to you. I actually hope you saw a ghost, since that's much more interesting :D

no i have not tryed to re-create the moment but ive seen this thing a couple of times and my mum thinks it just a visiting ghost and i dont no a if a house has to be Haunted to have a ghost or not.

What your mum says is quite interesting. Like you, I don't know if a place has to be haunted in order for a ghost to be resident or even passing through. I'm guessing that there are no "hard and fast" rules about the phenomena. I guess a place becomes "haunted" when it appears to have a "resident" ghost but that is more logical conclusion than regulation!

Have you had similar experiences before/since the incident mentioned at the start of this thread?

i do see this thing sometimes but not offen and i try not to let it spook me to much.

Back