• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

I Think A Channeling Or Psychic Forum Would Be Great

JimELUCIER

Author of The Tarot Wheel / I Ching Oracle Wheel.
I think there used to be a Channeled Messages forum on the old website. I think it might be interesting to have a Channeled Messages forum section. I would assume that there are numerous people out there who are Channeling. There must be a need for Psychics, and Clairvoyants to post their experiences. Now days there isn't very many paranormal groups, ghost hunter societies without a psychic to do sweeps. Just an idea.

Last edited:
Maybe.

Channeled messages are normally so stereotypical that they communicate to their target audience, not stirring much interest beyond it.

Any which stand out will get noticed - maybe a thread of their own - anyway. :thought:

Maybe.

Channeled messages are normally so stereotypical that they communicate to their target audience, not stirring much interest beyond it.

Any which stand out will get noticed - maybe a thread of their own - anyway. :thought:
Thank you, ya, that would be okay.

We have someone who did card readings for posters.

The one done for me was precise and scarily accurate. Parts of it happened right away and some have only recently been borne out.

We have someone who did card readings for posters.

The one done for me was precise and scarily accurate. Parts of it happened right away and some have only recently been borne out.
I hope the poisters were nice, and I hope what manifested for you was all good.

I hope the poisters were nice, and I hope what manifested for you was all good.
It's all on'ere. :)

One part was about a job I was unhappy in and how I'd find a new one. It was exactly right, all good news.

Others concerned someone whose welfare I was concerned about. The predictions played out over several years and the last one hit home in April. Gloomy stuff.

Maybe.

Ya, it would be interesting to have one. See what transforms.

I had my cards read by someone who is no longer on this website. Impressively accurate!

Got a reading by a much-loved and much-missed rarely-posts-here-these-dayser. Same as Scargs, it was so on point. I never credited cold readings until that experience. I still discount woo right out of hand, but I know something is happening out about the fringe that works. Somehow. Yes.

Got a reading by a much-loved and much-missed rarely-posts-here-these-dayser. Same as Scargs, it was so on point. I never credited cold readings until that experience. I still discount woo right out of hand, but I know something is happening out about the fringe that works. Somehow. Yes.
Yes, sometimes psychics, and clairvoyants can be quit accurate. Many will use a techniques where they hold an item belonging to the client. This is called Psychometry. Aura's and energy fields must have a lot to do with the possibilities of people picking up vibrations from people at a distance.

I was once quite close to someone who did card readings. She was sincere, i.e. not deliberately doing cold readings, etc. My own feeling is that effective psychics do subconsciously use cold reading techniques, possibly combined with some genuine clairvoyance. The cards (or tea leaves or whatever) are just a jumping off point that allows the reader to tap into the part of his or her mind that has the psychic talent.

I was once quite close to someone who did card readings. She was sincere, i.e. not deliberately doing cold readings, etc. My own feeling is that effective psychics do subconsciously use cold reading techniques, possibly combined with some genuine clairvoyance. The cards (or tea leaves or whatever) are just a jumping off point that allows the reader to tap into the part of his or her mind that has the psychic talent.
When I did readings, many were for people I did not know, and I just read the cards that they had shuffled themselves and split three times, so that the cards that came up were theirs, nothing to do with me.
Sometimes I would get 'feelings' from looking at the person, but for me it either happens immediately or not at all. I just read whatever the cards said, and being that there are 78 cards in the tarot deck, there are a great variety of readings possible.

When I did readings, many were for people I did not know, and I just read the cards that they had shuffled themselves and split three times, so that the cards that came up were theirs, nothing to do with me.
Sometimes I would get 'feelings' from looking at the person, but for me it either happens immediately or not at all. I just read whatever the cards said, and being that there are 78 cards in the tarot deck, there are a great variety of readings possible.
I don't doubt for a second that what you say is true. I trust your knowledge of the cards is superior to my limited and rusty understanding. My point is that I believe the cards are secondary to the skill/talent/power of the reader. Like those broad horoscopes you can get from a newspaper or vending machine, "whatever the cards said" needs to be interpreted in a way that makes sense to the subject. And unlike those "what sign are you" generalities, the interpretation is in great part in the hands of a reader.

Now - :botp:

I don't doubt for a second that what you say is true. I trust your knowledge of the cards is superior to my limited and rusty understanding. My point is that I believe the cards are secondary to the skill/talent/power of the reader. Like those broad horoscopes you can get from a newspaper or vending machine, "whatever the cards said" needs to be interpreted in a way that makes sense to the subject. And unlike those "what sign are you" generalities, the interpretation is in great part in the hands of a reader.

Now - :botp:
Great points. Yes. Tarot Cards can be very simple, or complex. Their diversity of archaic images allows for endless interpretations.

Like Chas Fink, I believe that anyone who has a bit of psychic ability can use whatever mundane material they choose. They are just tools.
I do believe that (a) ability and (b) intention are the important factors.

I still use my home made ouija board (I don't refer to it as that, I just call it 'the glass and letters' :)) if I really feel I need to,
but I don't do it for amusement, or when I'm depressed, or when I've been drinking alcohol. That way you invite trouble.

However,I keep quiet about it. I don't want people to think I'm odd!

Like Chas Fink, I believe that anyone who has a bit of psychic ability can use whatever mundane material they choose. They are just tools.
I do believe that (a) ability and (b) intention are the important factors.

I still use my home made ouija board (I don't refer to it as that, I just call it 'the glass and letters' :)) if I really feel I need to,
but I don't do it for amusement, or when I'm depressed, or when I've been drinking alcohol. That way you invite trouble.

However,I keep quiet about it. I don't want people to think I'm odd!
Your certainly odd. In fact you seem to be quit sensible. But odd in a good way, is good too. Yes, I agree, ability by intention is a must. And to refrain from drugs and alcohol while using divination oracles is a great idea.

Exactly true. Yes, your right.

Back