• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

If You Were A Ghost, Where Would You Haunt?

A

Anonymous

Okay, so you are a floating mass of energy...your carcass is on the ground and aimlessly you drift. You have the choice to haunt any place, thing or person. Who, where and what would would it be ?

I spark a new wave by haunting well-lit, dry, above-ground, populous places. First I'd scare little kiddies, then get bored and probably resort to petty trickery. Before too long, a mobile would surely come along and destroy me.:(

I'd like to haunt somewhere that looked suitable, like a ruined castle in the middle of a forest or somewhere like that, spooking the occasional visitors.

Great question. The more I think about it, the more depressing being a ghost seems. Those ghost pic sites, showing orbs and vapors etc. are even more depressing. People go out at night,
take pics in graveyards, and pronounce those little orbs
(usually dust or lens flare) to be disincarnates. Maybe they are right, but I can't help being saddened by the idea of my formless energy hanging around my tombstone for all eternity.

I think haunting theaters would be o.k. , you could always see the latest films.

I would like to be a psychic vampire!! Or a randy poltergeist! Is that too saucy! Or like one of the phatom fishermen out of the film THE FOG.

Surely the greatest fun would be to haunt a conference of Skeptics and Debunkers - that'll be my plan!

haunting time might be fun
stand on the grassy knoll,manifest and shout duck :D
but seriously
You could haunt Plato to figure out where he got the Atlantis thing from or if Socrates was permenantly pissed or or or or or or or .Would you be able to last that long as a ghost? Is a ghost allowed to have that much fun,probably not .
As an Afterthought Haunt someone who knew a bit about ressurection?

Since I'm getting to the age when a body is just a drag and a hindrance, the idea of being disembodied has its attractions - so why would I want to get resurrected?

No doubt most spirits have better things to do than haunt people (they probably only do that on their nights off), and I look forward to finding out about that!

I'm with Rynner! Lets haunt those skeptical sobs - buit first I'd have to visit a friend and say "hey look! It's me and I'm a ghost!

I promised....

Niles "Mr Ghost" Calder

I'd haunt message boards...Especially FT ones........
woooooo!
woooooo!
:devil:

The Testosterone Imp says haunting the girls showers might be fun... or perhaps merely frustrating :p

Me? I'd haunt that bit, after the person taking the dare has gone into the rickety house, crept through the downstairs rooms, tiptoed through the dusty bedrooms, and gone step by fearfull step into the dark cellar.... then become scared, gone back out into daylight, down the garden path and closed the gate behind them with a sigh of relief.

At which point I would whisper in their ear "boo"....

I'd head for the nearest Accountancy college and scare the sh*t out of all those humorless, nitpicking, small-minded SOBs. Then I'd bugger off to the Channel Islands and drift happily about with the sea mists and seagulls . . .

Carole

Maybe I'm just greedy, but I'd like the power to haunt lots of places and people.

While floating around the afterlife, It'd be nice to pop back to see how relatives and friends are doing once in a while, but I wouldn't want to scare them.

On the other hand, I'd like to make more scary appearances at a couple of old workplaces. Face squashed against the window, disembodied head floating atop the boardroom table during presentations, poltergeist activity in the kitchen area, that kind of thing.

And there are one or two people I'd like to really freak. Vengeance being a dish best served cold, and all that. Oh the fun I would have.

Wouldn't it be great to try and haunt a TV studio, though. Try and manifest yourself on TV. In the middle of Blue Peter...Bwah ha ha ha...:eek!!!!:

Anyone seen 'In Dreams'?

Where the dead mother of a murdered child haunts the murderer in a close-up, personal way? I'd like to try that on any number of child-abusing b*st*rds. It'd almost be rude not to!

I'd like to haunt the House of Lords and maybe scare the s**t out of some of the old buggers.:D

Uncon - that would get the visitor numbers up.

Oooo, and American TV mediums:D (I could just mutter obscenities in their ears while they're filming)

The House of Lords is tempting but I've heard that the horrific figure of 'The Iron Lady' has already taken that post!

I'd like to haunt a deckchair on a beach in the Bahamas. Sadly, if any of you do end up haunting anywhere, it'll probably be your office or workplace, or somewhere else you've spent a great deal of your time immersed in repetitive, mindless activity; or the room where you finally pegged out.

On the latter point, I was in Maidstone hospital in August this year. I won't give the name of the ward here, but a duty nurse - who seemed very down-to-earth and otherwise not very knowledgeable about ghosts - told me about a 'ghost' that had haunted the room adjacent to the main ward. An elderly lady had died there just months before, and from the next day, the lights and the tv would turn on and off by themselves, and a shadowy figure could sometimes be seen through the windows of the partition walls, even though the room was unoccupied.
It's not the first account of this kind I've heard - of activity arising for a while following a person's death - like a kind of residue of the life that has departed, that dissipates after a bit. It interfaces with some ideas that suggest a human spirit sticks around for a few days after death before acclimatizing and finding its way 'out'.

I saw a hospital ghost today!
I was walking along a corridor behind a woman (not a nurse) when she went past a stack of those red plastic chairs. The top one suddenly slid off and fell against her- then onto the floor, because she wasn't there! She vanished before my eyes. No doors nearby. I did a quick search around and nobody was around that end of the ward. So I replaced the chair and went about my proper business.
This was about 10 this morning, no drink taken. I'm delighted.

On my way to a more permanent situation, there is a stolen grandfather clock I'd like to haunt. Revenge might not do my soul any good but I'd have fun and feel much better!

Haha, yes, I was over the moon, not having seen one for a while!

BBC Television Centre

I'd haunt the BBC, hours of fun, get to scare the famous, meet people, be on tv, viewers could write to 'points-of-view' about how I materialised behind Jonathan Ross and did a jig and other related otherworldly chicanery.

I'd be the first ghost to be on Parkinson, hehe.

All the best.

Randall.

What a good idea. May I join you?
We could do a joint ghstly moon on 'Question Time'!

bbc... hmmm

Count me in! Can I be on Watchdog?

J.

I'm very shy so can I be on News 24 as nobody watches it?:confused:

If you were a Ghost.......

A friend and I were talking the other day; idle chat about this and that. The subject of ghosts and hauntings came up and she asked me who and how would I haunt someone if I were a ghost.

I replied that it would be kind of cool to befriend some school age underdog and provide him with the illusion of super powers. You know, the ability to move objects or to make some bully do humiliating things.

My friend told me I was a "goody two- shoes" and described some nasty tricks she would pull on her ex- boyfriend.

So, if you were a ghost, who and how, would you haunt?:eek!!!!:

who?

the biggest sceptics/debunkers : I would go see the Amazing randi!! wooo that be fun!! Uri Geller !! and visit Area 51.. hmmm..Castro in Cuba I mess him up..Saddam Hussain, Yes sir Irfat..all the bad guys i'ed mess with. :hmph:

Back