• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Illuminati temple to replace WTC

Adam,

If you were to scribble enough random lines and shapes on a large enough piece of paper you could find any number of forms there! If you're talking art and scupture then of course you're going to find them; London is an ancient centre of learning and the Owl is a pre-historic symbol of Wisdom and Knowledge.

As for the Boheimian Grovers...

Cujo @ Uncon
Boheimian Grovers are a bunch of sad Republicans, with no lives, whos idea of letting rip for the weekend involves getting away from women, peeing out of doors, dressing up and very poor amature dramatics.

Niles "Is disapointed that THEY aren't out to get him" Calder

For Masonic/Illuminanti symbolism, by the pantechnicon load, one only has to take a slow walk around Paris :) From La Defence to the Louvre is a huge open air temple, looking at the symbolism on the landmark monuments.

8¬)

Personally, I think they should rebuild the WTC in the shape of a giant middle finger with Bin Laden in a cage on the top, waiting for thunderstorms.

and facing in the general direction of Iraq/Afghanistan/wherever OBL is..........it could rotate depending on where he's been seen as well.

[addition]and speaking of the current plans [/addition]

chatsubo said:
there's lots more on Hawksmore, Wren, Cleopatra's Needle, and the occult geography of the East End in Alan Moore's From Hell (comic not the film), though I suspect he got a lot of his stuff from Iain Sinclair.
Do remember reading in Grant Morrison's Invisibles, that if you get a big map of London, draw lines between every McDonald's resturant, you will find an ancient Babloyania symbol of evil.

A further disciple of Iain Sinclair's work is Peter Ackroyd and the Hawksmoor story is (fictionally detailed) in his novel "Hawksmoor" (suprisingly!):D

Thoroughly recommend it, bloody good read, especially interesting primer on the psycho-social effects of architecture.

Buildings of light and darkness and all that...

And if you enjoy that then follow it up with Peter Ackroyd's "London: A Biography".

And you could do worse than pick up Alan Moore's "The Highbury Working"

All this got me dabbling in psycho-geography.

I really enjoyed Ackyrod 'London'
One of the most fortean books ever to grace the bestseller charts.
What the 'Highbury Working' like? I like most Moore stuff, but my brother has got some god-awful performance pieces by the great man - so he is not always infallable.

Let me illustrate my experience of the "Highbury Working".

1. Finished "From Hell"
  2. Bought it online and only knew vaguely what to expect.
  3. Listened to it
  4. Thought "What the hell have I just purchased?".
  5. Left it in my workbag
  6. Went to work and lo, I was bored.
  7. Routed in my bag looking for something to do other than work and found the CD.
  8. Thought "What the hell..." and put it on.
  9. Actually listened to the CD.
  10. Was blown away.
    [/list=1]

I can't get any of my friends to listen to it, because it doesn't sell itself on the merits of 'ere, listen to this.... Actually needs you to sit down and listen to the content and lose yourself in it, like a good book. Has stood up to several repeat listenings and gets better each time.

To paraphrase Arthur Machen in Gerald Suster's fiction "The God Game"... The difference between literature and Literature is ecstasy.

The Highbury Working is full of ecstasy (in both usages of the word). Potent psychogeography.

I am interested in picking up the other spoken word performance sessions. Any more detailed criticism of the CDs that your brother has? I would then know which ones to avoid/aim for...

Going back to topic(ish) the psychogeography element of this thread makes me wonder if anyone has read a fictional parallel in the urban magic "Megalopolisomancy" in Fritz Leiber's "Our Lady of Darkness". The Omphalos link put me very much in mind of the novel set in San Fransisco, and the magic practised by pivoting/balancing and focusing the forces shaped by the Urban landscape. Has definate masonic hints to it and segues into reality very interestingly by weaving the backstory into real occult groups (Crowley/Golden Dawn etc...) a la Lovecraft and the fictional Necronomicon.

I wondered if anyone had used it as the basis for a new magickal discipline. Seems as good a mythos as any to borrow for a starting point.

Carnacki said:
I am interested in picking up the other spoken word performance sessions. Any more detailed criticism of the CDs that your brother has? I would then know which ones to avoid/aim for...

He's in California at the moment (lcuky bastard) but I will take a root in his CD collection. I have listened to 'Brought to Light' which is the oldish CIA comic read out over some 'experimental music'. Okay, but I perfer the comic.
I take it you have read Alan Moore's 'Voices of the Fire' : short stories spanning 12,000 years but all set in the same square mile of Northampton
I do think psychogeography is an under-rated/under researched fortean phonemon. All cultures seem to have a mythical/magical idea of place that lasts throught the ages. And perhaps the closest we can get to a surviving 'primitive' culture - the Aborginies, have based a whole religion/culture around psychogeographical thinking - the Songlines.

rynner said:
Strictly speaking, The Isle of Dogs is not in the City of London (which was the old Roman city, originally). The Isle of Dogs was mostly marsh and farmland up until about the 1800s, apart from some windmills on the sea wall (hence Millwall).

That's true - alot of what is considered as being 'London' nowadays wasn't considered so 100 or so years ago. WRT to the supposed esoteric layout of London, alot of the streetplans of London were not planned. After the Great Fire, there were plans to completely remake many of the main thoroughfares, but unfortunately the locals just rebuilt on the ruins before anyone got round to starting on said remake.

Peewee said:
I agree adam, Its just like the obelisk that is a memorial for where JFK got shot, or the life sized replica of the torch of the statue of liberty that is a memorial for Princess Diana. Its just a bit too much of a coincidence and I bet it was a freemason who designedt he new WTC also.
The people who are responsible for this structure should either be more sensitive to the world around them and realise that a structure like this would cause certain people to react or build something completely different.

I'd just like to point out... the torch over the Diana accident is NOT a memorial, it was there before... and this whole thread makes absolutely no sense.

Piscez said:
...and this whole thread makes absolutely no sense.
Good Heavens! A thread that makes no sense! Whatever next?! :cool:

Piscez said:
I'd just like to point out... the torch over the Diana accident is NOT a memorial, it was there before... and this whole thread makes absolutely no sense.

I know that. It was a perfect coincidence that Diana crashed right below an illuminati monument. Talk about good luck!

(I think you'll find its still a memorial now though.)

Who are these illuminati, anyway? Are they anything to do with Blackpool?

Don't listen to Adam's propaganda, the Illuminati are the good guys.
Its the Church of the Black Sun who are the real bastards.

er- if the modertaors bounced you off the board for some reason, won't they just do the same thing ahead.
(not sure why that would happen to you - as you probably guess I don't believe a word of what you are saying, and I openly mock your belief system, but theological considerations aside, you seem okay to me.)

Just to update this thread with some relevant info...

As posted in Ananova

Architects invited to submit designs for World Trade Centre site

Architects worldwide have been invited to submit fresh designs for the World Trade Centre site.

Project officials issued the invite after criticism of the six proposals released last month.

The final design won't be chosen now until at least next spring.

Roland Betts, a board member of the Lower Manhattan Development Corporation, said: "We are looking for excitement, creativity, energy".

He acknowledged the public considered the previous six proposals "mundane, boring and pedestrian".

But he says some popular components would be incorporated into the new designs.

These include a promenade from the trade centre to Battery Park, a skyline element to echo the lost towers and a preference for keeping the "footprints" of the towers free from development.

"I think in principle it's a good idea to open up and extend the process because no one has a monopoly on good design," said Richard Anderson, president of the New York Building Congress, an association of construction professionals.

The development board and the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, which owns the land, had originally said they would pick three plans by the end of September and narrow them to one by the end of the year.

The development corporation says it will choose up to five design teams to prepare new plans. Three proposals will be chosen by the end of the year. Betts says a final plan will be chosen in February or March.

Story filed: 23:27 Wednesday 14th August 2002

Can the mods PLEASE do something about Adams sig? I'm trying to read this thread and having to scroll through a full screen of empty space every other post is infuriating and pointless!:mad:

I think it's an interesting design. It's just the name chosen for it that's rather naff, IMHO...

JerryB said:
I think it's an interesting design. It's just the name chosen for it that's rather naff, IMHO...
Yes, no doubt the cafeterias in the new Freedom Tower will serve Freedom Fries and Freedom Toast. :D

I do like the idea it is "topped by energy-generating windmills". Seems like a nice idea for modern buildings and a good way to releave our over-taxed power grids.

I don't like the look of it personally but what the hey.
Have to say though with a 'Windows of the World' restaurant and a viewing gallery in the building do you not think it a bit morbid and eerie that if you visited it you'd be in the exact airspace where 9/11 happened. Personally I'd find that a bit unsettling.

I thought the top floor was going to be a giant aquarium, where our secret lizard rulers could shed their human skin and bask about on the rocks.

:D

lennynero said:
I thought the top floor was going to be a giant aquarium, where our secret lizard rulers could shed their human skin and bask about on the rocks.

:D
New York is such a cold place in winter. You can't expect our rulers to expend that much energy half the year. I'm sure there will be a special facility on each floor, probably with the traditional name "Executive Lounge".

Back