• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

In Her Own Words: The Linda Moulton Howe Interview

ruffready

Justified & Ancient
I found this interview interesting. I did want to make the point in our discussion that she wasn’t just known for one topic and that she had successfully covered a number of different topics. That point is indeed made during the interview, more than once by Linda herself and yet I was very surprised, once we started talking, just how quickly we came round to animal mutilations. This subject is still very, very close to Linda’s heart and one on which she speaks with great passion.

Linda Moulton Howe on Her Career, Her Critics, and the Government
In Her Own Words: The Linda Moulton Howe Interview
here : http://phenomena.cinescape.com/0/editor ... bj_id=4281

I'm afraid the fact that she takes Colonel "Day After Roswell" Corso at face value seriously undermines her credibility for me.

And why does she find this so astonishing:
It is usually one ear, on the same side of the face that an eye is taken, on the same side of the face that half of the jaw flesh is taken
Surely the obvious explanation is that the dead animal was lying its side so therefore predators had access to only half the face?

:)

Hey, if she was ever discovered mysteriously melted, the tabloid headline could be:

LINDA MOLTEN! HOW?

:oops:

I am torn on the issue of Linda Moulton Howe. On the one hand I am curious as to why there seems to be such an unfair impulse to bash her and to dismiss her as a joke. I think that her work on animal mutilations and crop circles has the ring of responsible journalism - she seems to report facts as she is able to obtain them and to be able to back up what she reports in line with accepted journalistic standards. She doesn't seem to me to sensationalize for the purpose of self-promotion, even though she has clearly come to the conclusion that something patently "paranormal" is going on. I feel I can trust that what she reports is fairly well substantiated, that she works hard to get the material that she gets (e.g. by going to original sources), and that she is much less cowed than most by government and big media controls over what can be reported.

On the other hand I too have a huge problem with anybody that lends any credence at all to Lt. Corso and that pathetic, ridiculous POS he put out. If her BS alarm doesn't go off there it must be defective.

And why does she find this so astonishing:
Quote:
It is usually one ear, on the same side of the face that an eye is taken, on the same side of the face that half of the jaw flesh is taken
To be fair, I didn't perceive any "astonishment" in her tone, I heard her just dryly listing the characteristics of a typical mutilation scenario.

Ms. Howe ALWAYS sounds nervous to my ear...
her voice just seems to be shaking whenever she is on the air.

Maybe its just the bad phone connections when
she does her segments on "Dreamland" -- I don't know.

I would like to see her videos to see how she comes across
in true "on-air journalist" mode.

TVgeek

Yeah , she has that nervous sound on the air at times. and I also take the Lt.Col. Corso info (book "day after rosewell") with a hmmmm I don't think so...(but why in the heck would he make all that crap up for?? is there something inbetween the lines?? I wonder) One thing though about Linda is that she does bring stories (Like the one she's working on now , the 1953 Utah UFO crash ) out that are interesting to hear and talk about pro or con. Who knows maybe one day she'll hit pay dirt. ;)

Some possible reasons why someone like Lt. Corso would make up such a huge load of c**p:
(1) He saw that he could make a few bucks cashing in on the credulity of weak-minded UFO-conspiracy cultists;
(2) He had a pathological need to be regarded as a grand, important figure, even if only among the same weak-minded audience;
(3) He was an intelligence operative planting disinformation in the Ufology community in order to distract, derail, or discredit it.

I'd say Linda Mouton Howe has already hit pay-dirt/earned her journalist stripes with her work on animal mutilations. Isn't she the one who's done most to research this and make it known?

Nervous-sounding? Some people have stage fright.

Some possible reasons why someone like Lt. Corso would make up such a huge load of c**p:
(1) He saw that he could make a few bucks cashing in on the credulity of weak-minded UFO-conspiracy cultists;
(2) He had a pathological need to be regarded as a grand, important figure, even if only among the same weak-minded audience;
(3) He was an intelligence operative planting disinformation in the Ufology community in order to distract, derail, or discredit it.

I'd say Linda Mouton Howe has already hit pay-dirt/earned her journalist stripes with her work on animal mutilations. Isn't she the one who's done most to research this and make it known?

Nervous-sounding? Some people have stage fright.
I tend to think that Corso did play some part in dealing with strange recovered technology but grossly exaggerated this for his book. Just my opinion.

I do enjoy listening to Linda Moulton Howe's various interviews. I don't agree with everything she puts forward, but there's no doubt she is committed to what she does and has done some fantastic work in making animal mutilation cases more widely known.

I tend to think that Corso did play some part in dealing with strange recovered technology but grossly exaggerated this for his book. Just my opinion.
I was speaking with someone only last night about Corso's book and discussing what his motivation, other than financial, might have been.

The claims therein are ludicrous and long since proven as such.

Recovered alien technology from Roswell?

The only technology discovered was unequivocally described by its finder, Mac Brazel, as reported in local newspaper, the 'Clovis News-Joural', on 9 July, 1947:

www.forteanmedia.com/1947_07_09_Clovis.pdf

This resulted from Kenneth Arnold's founding sighting of nine enigmatic objects, which had occurred only a couple of weeks previously and were erroneously been reported in the newspapers as, 'saucer shaped':

As Arnold himself quantified:

Post in thread 'Kenneth Arnold (Seminal UFO Sighting; June 1947)'

https://forums.forteana.org/index.p...nal-ufo-sighting-june-1947.64162/post-2073331

There never were any 'flying saucers' in the first place.

Back