• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Interesting "ghost" video

Moooksta

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
I hate promoting "Fox" but this is an interesting video, well interesting around the 1.30 mark.

Long and short of it, guy's filming in a Savannah graveyard, Dec. 31. 2008, video has only just been released.

What looks like a child running (seems to have long arms) suddenly leaps into a tree, then jumps back down as a family pushing a pram pass by.

It's all quite normal until the tree leaping. The only thing I can think it might be is a monkey but no one nearby reacts aside from the fact what's a monkey doing running around a graveyard. As you'd expect, the person filming does not go to the area where he's seen it nor approach and question anyone who was close to the "ghost".

See what you think?

LINK

Ok, that's really weird.

I couldn't make out anything re the clothing, but I don't think it is manipulated.

Ghost? Maybe - but can ghosts jump into and out of trees? Well, it certainly would be impossible for a human to do that. Doesn't look like any sort of light reflection either.

Trying to watch it, but it's not playing. :evil:

Ok, I had to watch a compressed version on youtube. It looked, to me, like a child running to its parent, the parent picking the child up ( swinging the child to the air), but the parent being shaded out. I don't know about the part where the child drops back down, as it appears to come in from the right, pause, then drop. I'd love to be able to analyse it like those people who did the effects for some low budget movies. ;)

coaly said:
Ok, I had to watch a compressed version on youtube. It looked, to me, like a child running to its parent, the parent picking the child up ( swinging the child to the air), but the parent being shaded out. I don't know about the part where the child drops back down, as it appears to come in from the right, pause, then drop. I'd love to be able to analyse it like those people who did the effects for some low budget movies. ;)

After they swung the child upwards, or threw the kid upwards does it lands on a crypt. The kid comes forward, pauses at the edge before jumping off ?

I so wanted it to be a monkey.

It looks like a child running, then stopping behind a gravestone. There, it throws its coat into the tree above but it quickly falls back to the ground. If you look at the falling 'ghost', see how much it resembles a falling coat!

norton51 said:
It looks like a child running, then stopping behind a gravestone. There, it throws its coat into the tree above but it quickly falls back to the ground. If you look at the falling 'ghost', see how much it resembles a falling coat!

I think you're spot on with that!
Anyway, the woman pushing the buggy/pram is looking right at 'it' and doesn't react as if she's seeing anything odd.

If it was an adult lifting the child they could have been behind the gravestone

I think Norton's hit the nail on the head right there. What annoys me greatly though, is the fact that, with these cases, there are always "professionals" having a look at them, and declaring it to be genuine, or at lest, "Unknown", when we bloody know for a fact it's a spider/paper bag etc! They looked at the higher definition video for hours and hours, and couldn't come to any conclusion? Norty did it on the net! :D

And the reason the woman pushing the pram barely reacts (if at all) is that she is the child's parent, and the child is just running to catch her up.

'His father even spent two years getting a copyright on the ghostly video .They gave us permission to air it but have an attorney ready if people try to steal it'.

And the ad I saw before the clip aired? Well - for a law firm of course.
Hmmm. Kaching!

I can't believe I missed that - but yes, it DOES look like a coat or kid's blanket! :lol:

OK, the coat explanation is plausible; however, the running figure is clearly not carrying anything that it could throw into the tree. it doesn't seem like there was time for it to shed it's coat & throw it...

It certainly doesn't look like the child figure jumping into a tree to me - in fact I kept waiting for them to show the "jump" as I thought it hadn't been shown!

I see the figure trotting along, of course, but then it goes out of view, and there is some disturbance above, but I didn't visually parse it as the child jumping. Which isn't to say it's not the figure jumping - but I wouldn't say it "obviously" is, not in the same way the figure initially is "obvious" and clear, as it's running along. A coat being thrown? Could be. Could be almost anything :?

Back