• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Iron Maiden do Crowley film

"In the film, Crowley's spirit is re-animated by a superconductor mainframe, transforming the shy and stuttering Professor Haddo (Callow) into the charismatic but sexually depraved Crowley who wreaks havoc with the students and faculty of today's Cambridge campus. The cast will be rounded out with cameos from Dickinson and other Python regulars."

......O.K., my mind is now officially blown.

Might be fun but possibly a vehicle for Iron Maiden music and videos rather than an entertaining romp about the old Uncle Fester.

Stormkhan said:
Might be fun but possibly a vehicle for Iron Maiden music and videos rather than an entertaining romp about the old Uncle Fester.

Simply Googling the title of the movie gleans plenty of information on it, which means you can put that blowtorch of cynicism back in your pocket for another day:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chemical_W ... %28film%29

I think it looks pretty awesome

Will they at least pronounce his name correctly?

There's and item on it in this month's SFX. It's got Simon Callow in it and it appears to be about a moderna academic possessed by the spirit of Crowley. I expect to see some classic scenery chewing in Mr Callow's performance.

In another place, I read that Simon Cowell was to take the lead. The truth is far more mundane!

MsPix said:
I expect to see some classic scenery chewing in Mr Callow's performance.
Sounds like a realistic performance of The Great Beast then. AC wasn't exactly known for his restraint and understated emotions.

My beloved got this from her love film DVD in the post thingummy, cos she knows how much i heart uncle Al, and i must say i was impressed, at least in part. Callow, taken by the spirit of the Master Therion, is awesome in parts. His take on Hamlet's soliloquy, altered to include "to sleep perchance to fuck", is wonderfully redolent of AC. Other bits work less well, but Dickinson doesnt make too much of his cameos, in fact i didnt even notice him until i watched certain bits again. And there was me expecting him to come fencing into shot, or somesuch.

OK, so the ending is a bit poo, and derivative of many better films but all in all i quite enjoyed it.

TMS gives "Chemical Wedding" 6/10

Back