• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Is it Static Discharge on the Film, or... ?

A

Anonymous

Well, what do you think? Was I too enthusiatic rewinding the film? Is it just static discharge?

Or, is it something on the other side of the camera lens, that I didn't see when I took the photo?

Why do so many pictures of open fields seem to have gone wrong in the camera?

Why did I take such a boring photograph?

no mate, i think it's a very nice photograph...

I can;t help you with yr fortean puzzle though

Do you have long blond hair, andro? Might be hairs across the lens.

(If you do we may be neck and neck for the post at Ruffready's)

AndroMan said:
Well, what do you think? Was I too enthusiatic rewinding the film? Is it just static discharge?

Or, is it something on the other side of the camera lens, that I didn't see when I took the photo?
Doesn't look like it's on the other side of the lens to me. Maybe a processing artifact? Or do you have a digital camera?

Why do so many pictures of open fields seem to have gone wrong in the camera?

Maybe more large areas of flat(ish) colour for oddness to show up in...

Why did I take such a boring photograph?

Personally, I can find something interesting in any photograph, but that may be because I am highly sad to the power of several million.

It's interesting...

Fallen Angel said:
Do you have long blond hair, andro? Might be hairs across the lens.

(If you do we may be neck and neck for the post at Ruffready's)
Yeah. And the cutest little ginger moustache!:D

No. Not really. The original's clearer and it's either static discharge, or something else.

MY GOD! :eek!!!!:

It's a stick figure man doing a pole vault.

wow.

Pinklefish said:
MY GOD! :eek!!!!:

It's a stick figure man doing a pole vault.

wow.
Do I detect just a hint of sarcasm?:)

Originally posted by August Verango
Doesn't look like it's on the other side of the lens to me. Maybe a processing artifact? Or do you have a digital camera?
Aged and venerable, good quality SLR, 35mm lens. Usually gives good results.

I'm thinking a reflection (of what I do not know) or a negative scratch.

...but then I've had many of these... :_pished: :)

[edit]btw, your sigs are always ace...[/edit]

I really do think it looks like a stickman pole vaulting. No sarcasm intended.

pinkle

yeah I got to agree with..

Pinkle fish--I sort of saw that also before I read all the follow ups. except more like those marching brooms or mops on the disney movie "fantasia"......:eek:

Hi

What it looks most like is a slight kink on the negative - where the film has been bent slighly.

25 years photo experience and I've seen a few of these - have a close look at the negative and you'll probably see it's not flat in the area where the mark is.

Gordon

Hey, I've got one too!

The dashed vertical line at the right of the rig corresponds to nothing that was happening at the time. It is also seen in the negative - it is NOT a scratch.

Any photos that have been developed for you are churned out pretty quickly, so getting these sort of things on your photos is nothing strange IMHO.

sorry to revieve this

rynner said:
Hey, I've got one too!

The dashed vertical line at the right of the rig corresponds to nothing that was happening at the time. It is also seen in the negative - it is NOT a scratch.

ryn/anyone could the line be "rod(s)"?

used to do photo printing

it looks like either a water mark on negative,obtained during negative proccesing.
or a crease in the negative,which shows up as white areas after negative is printed

only way to tell is to see said neg....

ive seen lots of marks and weird lookin images that have the most mundane explanations
ie problems in the negative development proccess,dodgy machine parts,dodgy operator,film exposed to x-rays after or during its time in camera,etc
there are alot of ways to dammage un exposed and exposed film.

It could be the same cause as the rods- insects flying in front of a longish exposure, but it does look like a negative fold to me.

Back