• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Is This Just In Australia?

47Forteans

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Is it just in Australia that FT is about two issues behind England? I bought the January issue (even though it says Febraury on the cover!) and the website is displaying the March issue. Why is this so?

Anyone? Surely other Australian readers have noticed this and wondered why this was so.

Hello 47F Where I am at .FTM is usually 3-4 months behind, so consider yourself lucky it's only 2 months for you

Welcome aboard, as they say...

I subscribe, but my brother picks it up from the Newsagent, and usually it's 2 issues behind. It must just be the extra trek across the desert that slows it down in Adelaide.

Thanks for replying! Having read how long it can take to recieve FT for some of you, I guess I shouldn't complain about being a paltry two months behind! At least we can get the mag, which in my opinion, is a very good read!

Everything passes through slowglass at the borders... Then it's cameleers and bullock trains crossing the parched wastelands.

What, these fellas?

IMG_9268.jpg
IMG_9281.jpg

We do everything big in Australia!

BTW, where is 47Forteans?

Meanwhile, here are some Scottish cows. Being furry. and having seen the picture above, rather dinky too!

We've seen a change in the standard breed normally grown here Frideswide, from the Poll Hereford, to the smaller Aberdeen Angus, plus the Belted Galloway and it's an astute situation.

There has been a trend towards Kobi beef (Wagyu) in Australia through AIS and embryo transfer for the domestic market in the last ten years and they're using the smaller beastie as the recipient mother. they're easier to handle and have a good mothering instinct.

We also have the local squarermetre breed, which has been derived from the Aberdeen Angus (or Angus, as it's now known in Australia) and yes, they're called that because they produce, basically a square metre of beef (original, eh?)

It really is a delight to see a showing of Belted Galloways Frideswide...But hwhere's the wee broon coo?

We do everything big in Australia!

BTW, where is 47Forteans?

Yeah Dinobot, they are big buggers aren't they - mainly Australian Illawarra shorthorn cross bullocks.

*groan*

and Singh is one of the biggest selling modern tartans (according to my local shop)

crikey ! what's with the tiny cows? must be from Victoria...

Yeah...we don't breed 'em that big any more cause their 'orns use'ta get tangled up in the trees mate...bloody mountain Ash.

Has anyone seen 47Forteans lately? Seemed to post a lot, and now is absent...

Yeah, because there cannot be two or more people with the same or similar personality types using the same message boards! With seven billion people on the planet, there can be no similarities between people, can there?

No, I am not 47Forteans, I am just Dinobot! Perhaps there's just more than one person with my whacky, although quite loveable personality! (Dear gods, there's a terrible thought!)

That's really odd, you are incredibly similar. Is there a strain of Aussie society breeding clones or something?!

That's really odd, you are incredibly similar. Is there a strain of Aussie society breeding clones or something?!

No, it's just the education system!

Besides, it's better that 47Forteans and I are alike than to be like Crocodile Dundee or Steve Irwin, or some other awful Australian cliched stereotype!

Here's me hoping you were all like Bob Downe...

I like this Australian gentleman ... rash decision making? maybe .... but he's just chased off two robbers while he's half naked and with only a broken flip flop for self defence. Good man. Lots of swearing in this video btw.

Back