• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

It’s The End of the World as We Know (Knew) It:Leakey’s Gigantic Discoveries at Olduvai

teri107

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
and Why Our View of the Earth’s Past is Most Likely Wrong
By Chris Parker, Copyright August 2015
“There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.” Genesis 6:4
“There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.” William Shakespeare, "Hamlet", Act 1 scene 5
Introduction
The history of this planet is probably very different than either Bible subscribing creationists or evolution subscribing materialists imagine that it was. The intent of this article is not to provide all the answers concerning the truth of the history of the planet but to provide in words, articles and pictures enough evidence to suggest that it was very different than many of us imagined in our “philosophies”.

Giant Seed of a Giant Tree?
The evidence here provided and submitted for your approval does not conflict with the Biblical description of the ancient earth but does provide a challenge for evolutionists or anyone else who accepts an Uniformist view of earth history. Uniformism is the notion that the history of the earth has been uniform-that the same slow processes operating today also operated in the past. (Right; giant seed? http://WordPress/2009/02/17/the-big...rified-trees-of-the-black-hills-south-dakota/
Science needs a uniform assumption in order to make declarations about the past and future. Creationists on the other hand are by nature catastrophists and when they think about it see the world now as a result of a catastrophic would covering flood in the past.

The Percheron, a Large Draft Horse of Today in the Middle Compared with Fossil Horse
Giants. When it comes to that Christians are keen fore evidence of giant humans because the notion of giants comes primarily from the Bible and not so much from science and it seems to confirm Genesis-that prior to the flood there were giant humans on earth. On the other hand, it seems that evolutionists are not so keen on human giants. There is no theory concocted by man more malleable than the theory of evolution and so if they have to they can fit them in, but human giants almost inherently clash with uniformism and evolution from less complex to more complex forms.
However, I will make the case supported by the evidence (words and pictures) that I can muster here that the Bible was not speaking of the 9 to 10 foot giant man that some Bible believers contemplate or that evolutionists will permit when speaking of characters like Gigantopithecus or Java Man or that they allow by calling ancient men; “robust”.
No, I submit that what the Bible meant when it says that there were giants in the earth in those days is that there were giant men and giant animals, giant insects and giant trees in those days; giants who were HUMUNGOUS when compared to their modern day counterparts. I like to call them “Big Giants”.

44 inch Kansas Print from the Book-Valley of the Giants by C.N. Doughtery
The crux of this article are paleontologist Louis Leakey’s discoveries (and documentation) of giant animals and their human counterparts at Olduvai Gorge in Kenya in the late 1950s. I have come across many news articles describing giant animals (without pictures usually) or giant humans but in a 1954 report Leakey provides compelling evidence for both (with pictures). It looks as though in the early history of this planet, literally everything was gigantic; men, animals, insects and trees. The atmosphere was completely different, more life enriching than today and—gravity was much weaker.
In short, the history of this planet has been anything but uniform and we see today only miniature forms of what inhabited the earth “in those days”.
Note for Bible Believers
Many Bible believers interpret Genesis 6:4 to mean that Angels had relations with humans and created giant offspring. I don’t agree with that notion as I explained in a prior article. In fact if I can show that giant versions of all creatures existed in earth’s past I will consider that I’ve proved my point; unless the writer of Genesis (Holy Spirit) did not know that there were also gigantic dogs and cats living in the earth’s past?
The interpretation of “sons of God” and “daughters of men” of men is what causes the confusion. It is poetic but do you suppose that angels have DNA or were interested in men? The Bible says that we were made lower than the angels and in the Gospels that the angels were not given to marriage. I actually don’t want to argue the point again but consider another passage in Genesis regarding the tower of Babel (11:5) 5” And the Lord came down to see the city and the tower, which the children of men builded.”
See that? All are children of men but that term here is used to denote the disobedient; those who were not the children of God. Similarly, the “sons of God” in Gen 6:4 are the followers of God and the “daughters of men” like the children of men were those who had not been worshipping or following God.
The Air of Ancient Earth Contained 50% More Oxygen than It Does Today

Scale Model of the 8 Foot Bug
A 1987 article in Time Magazine entitled “Putting on Ancient Airs”, informed that “two scientists stunned colleagues by reporting that 80 million years ago, (sic) the earth’s atmosphere contained about 50% more oxygen than it does now.” The comparison was 21% oxygen today vs up to 35% oxygen in the “ancient past”. Geochemists Gary Landis of the U.S. Geological Survey and Robert Berner of Yale reached their startling conclusion after analyzing tiny air bubbles trapped in bits of amber, the aged and solidified resin of coniferous trees. They placed the amber inside a vacuum chamber, then cracked it to let the ancient air escape.
As for potential implications; A 2006 Live Science Article entitled: ”More Oxygen Could Make Giant Bugs” pointed out that that level of difference in the oxygen level could lead to bugs growing much larger than they do today. No word on the impact increased oxygen would have on mammals and reptiles but it is certainly a challenge for uniformism and is another cog in the explanation for larger creatures in the earth’s past. However, larger creatures in the earth’s past has other, significant and rather obvious implications which we will discuss prior to the ending of the article.
Leading Paleontologists of the Past Looked for Giant Men—Because of the Giant Animals They Found

http://s8int.com/articles/1627/19/I...-Leakey-s-Gigantic-Discoveries-at-Olduvai.htm

You should read up on the respiratory system of insects.

Even if we just go with the standard theories, there's still a number of creatures we know had bigger versions in the past. Mammoths, direwolves, sabretooth tigers. Creatures are not expected to go from small to big.

Back